How to get to St. Petersburg
Moskovsky railway station
One of the five largest railway stations in Russia
Moskovsky train station is a complex, multi-industry transport mechanism. He is among the five largest stations in Russia. Here for the first time in Russia appeared in the "Business center", sheds, ticket management center, halls superior. Today the station daily sent 15.4 thousand passengers in long-distance communication and 27.6 thousand passengers in the suburban. Every day 32 pairs long messages and 47 pairs of commuter trains arrive and depart from the station.
Ladozhsky railway station
The most modern railway station in St.Petersburg
Opened in 2003. It serves routes to the north and east previously served by Moscow Rail Terminal, as well as some lines previously served by Finland Station. Some trains originating at Moscow and bound to other cities via Saint Petersburg are also using the station. Of the five active major stations in Saint Petersburg, Ladozhsky station is the only through station.
Finlyandsky railway station
The building of one of the largest city stations
Finland Station was built as the eastern terminus of the Finland-Saint Petersburg railroad. It was created by Petr Kupinsky and opened in 1870. Now we can see only one fragment of old building at façade looking on Botkinskaya street.
The station is famously known for the arrival of Vladimir Lenin by train from Germany on 3 April 1917 to start the October Revolution. The event is commemorated by the statue of Lenin (made by S. A. Evseev) placing in the square in front of the station. Lenin is shown on the top of armored car which he used as a tribune. Lenin arrived to Russia on the steam locomotive #293. Now it is installed as a permanent exhibit at one of the platforms on the station.
The Finland Station was the only Leningrad rail terminus that remained in use during the Siege of Leningrad in 1941–43. There “Road of Life” began and first train with a food for Leningrad arrived to Finland station at February 1943.
In the 1950s, the old station building was replaced with a new one in functionalism style (architects P. A/ Ashastin, N. V. Baranov, Ya. N. Lukin, I. A. Rybin) looking at Lenin square. The metro station “Ploshad Lenina” was opened also at 1950s.
Side housings of old station buildings were demolished in 1970s. Only one part of included into a new building.
Vitebsky railway station
The first railway station in Russia
In a departure from normal practice of the Soviet years, the Vitebsk station preserved its elevated train shed, five platforms and luggage elevators almost intact, making it an ideal location for filming Soviet adaptations of Anna Karenina, Sherlock Holmes stories, and other 19th-century classics.
On the other hand, much architectural detail was removed from the facade and halls during insensitive Soviet renovations. Just prior to the tercentenary celebrations of 2003, the station underwent a painstaking restoration of its original interior and Jugendstil decor. Apart from the replica of the first Russian train, curiosities of the Vitebsk Station include a detached pavilion for the Tsar and his family and a marble bust of Nicholas I.
Services from the station run to Central Europe, Baltic States, Ukraine, Belarus and the southern suburbs of St. Petersburg, such as Pushkinand Pavlovsk. The station is connected to the Pushkinskaya Station of the Saint Petersburg Metro.
Baltiysky railway station
One of the busiest railway stations in Russia by volume of suburban traffic
The station was modelled by architect Alexander Krakau. Construction started in 1854. The station was opened on 21 July 1857 as the Peterhof Railway Station.
The station retains a glass roof over the terminal platforms and is flanked by two-storey wings. The left one used to be reserved for members of the Russian royalty who went to their palaces in Strelna, Peterhof, Oranienbaum. A glass panel on the façade still features the original clock, designed by Pavel Bure, a celebrated watchmaker to the tsar and the ice-hockey players' ancestor.
In 1872, after the railway line was extended to Reval (Tallinn), the Peterhof Railway Station was renamed to its present form. In 1931-32, the station was reconstructed. A nearby vestibule of the Baltiyskaya Metro Station was opened in 1955. Since 1933, the station has been used to handle suburban communications only.
In 2009, the DT1 multiple unit hybrid train departed for its inaugural trip from this station.
"Passenger port" (River terminal)
С этого вокзала пассажиры могут совершить увлекательные речные круизы на комфортабельных теплоходах в Москву, на острова Валаам и Кижи, в Петрозаводск, Сортавалу и другие интересные туристические направления.
На причале Пассажирского порта к услугам туристов:
Период навигации для совершения круиза длится с апреля по октябрь.
The station is located on the western tip of Vasilyevsky Island, at the area of the Sea of Glory, 1. The complex includes five berths, a place for border and customs inspection, restaurant, hotel and conference complex.
Originally the building was built for the Baltic Sea Steamship Company and also served as a station for visitors arriving by sea and between voyages base for the Mariners Company.
Now St.Peterline ships arrive and depart from here.
Saint-Petersburg Marine Port
Passenger port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Facade"
“Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade” is the first and only specialized passenger port in the North-West of Russia and also the largest one in the Baltic region. The Port is located on the reclaimed territories of Vasilievsky Island.
The port complex includes seven berths with a total length of 2,171.06 meters, three cruise terminals and one combined cruise-ferry terminal. Passenger port of Saint Petersburg can receive cruise ships of up to 340 meters in length.
Construction of a new port in Nevskaya Guba began in 2005, and already in September 2008 the Port received its first ship with passengers on board. "Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade" PLC is the only marine terminal operator at the Port.
Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade" PLC is an active participant of the global cruise market and appears regularly at international cruise industry events and exhibitions. The Port is a member of Association of Commercial Seaports, CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), Cruise Industry Members Association, Cruise Europe, Association of Marine Tourism Enterprises.
How to get:
You can get to the nearest metro station – “Primorskaya” (“Приморская”) by bus No. 158. The bus ride takes about 15 minutes.
You can also drive or walk to “Primorskaya” metro station. The walk should take about 30 minutes.
See the ships schedule
St.Petersburg Coach Station
St.Petersburg coach station is situated in the city center, on Obvodny canal embankment
Central coach station is in operation in Saint Petersburg since 1963. In 2003 it had undergone reconstruction and the city got a present for the 300th anniversary – a renovated and comfortable coach complex.
Today the coach station on Obvodny canal embankment serves as the departure point for regular long-distance and international coach routes.
There are 9 platforms of departure supplied with an electronic board, 4 platforms of arrival and the platform for short-term finding of buses. For convenience of passengers 6 ticket offices are constantly operating. The automated ticket sales system allows book quickly the ticket in any cash desk, irrespective of the chosen direction. Also in the building the help terminal the left-luggage office, cafe, a pharmaceutical booth, collection point for payments work with touch management. Observance of the schedule is regulated by dispatching service. In a medical aid station for drivers pretrip survey is organized. In case of need the paramedic can provide to passengers medical care. The bus station is expected 250 departures a day. Its handling capacity makes 3500 people a day. Bus service is organized in more than 70 directions. Buses connect St. Petersburg with Moscow, the cities of the Republic of Karelia, the Novgorod and Pskov regions, Stavropol Krai and other regions of Russia. International flights are made to Belarus, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and other countries of Europe.
Northern Capital Gateway
Airport Pulkovo Saint Petersburg is the fourth busiest airport in Russia after Moscow’s airports.
It is located 23 kilometers away from the central Palace Square of the city. City bus number 39, 39Ex and “marshrutka” minibus number K39 run between the nearest Moskovskaya metro station and the airport. You also can take advantage of taxi or your personal car.
Airport code of LED1 derives from the city’s previous name under USSR — Leningrad.
There are almost 4000 people employed at the airport.
Since 2010 the airport is managed by NCG (Northern Capital Gateway) under the private-public partnership agreement among three parties — the City of St. Petersburg, Pulkovo Airport Company (100% owned by the City) and NCG. This is the first public-private partnership project in the Russian airport industry.
The airport is located at Pulkovskoye Shosse, Building 41, lit. ZA, Saint Petersburg, Russia.