The сhurch was built on the donations of summer owners and members of the Society for the Promotion of the Improvement of the Tarhovo summer cottage area
Before the revolution, the church of the Holy Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon in the Tarkhovka village was assigned to the church in the name of the supreme apostles Peter and Paul in Sestroretsk. It was located in a suburban area, on the parcel donated by the Main Agriculture and Land Management. It was consecrated on July 16, 1906 by the Archpriest Nikolai Andreevich Travinsky.
The church held sacred rites, next to the church was a cemetery.
In 1937, the church, like its patron saint, the great martyr Panteleimon, was beheaded. In 1938, the destructions were continued. Domes and crosses were dropped to the ground. The domes were taken away for re-melting; one cross was saved by the watchman of the church. And the rector of the church was taken away from home right in a rason on a winter December night.
All churches were destroyed by the Soviet Regime in Sestroretsk. The Tarkhov church was turned into the club, then transferred to the NKVD. There was a court in it until 1948, which represented the special troika. Nearby residents heard the sounds of gunfire, the shot deads were buried in the communal grave.
In 1952, the buildings were transferred to the Fire Department under a departmental housing stock. After installing the partitions, several families settled in the church, including the altar.
In 1990, the movement was begun for resurgence of the Church.
The building was in disrepair, 60% were lost: a portal, a bell tower, a hipped dome and an apside. Funds for restoration were limited, but a lot was done in the early years. The first icons were returned to the church by the customs officers, others were found in the basements.
In August 2004, a celebratory consecration of the throne and restoration of the Church of the Holy Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon, Metropolitan of St. Petersburg and Ladoga, took place in the village of Tarkhovka.
In the church there is the icon of Panteleimon the Healer with particles of his hallows. The restored Panteleimon the Healer Church in Tarkhovka is dedicated to all Russian doctors.