Lomonosova Square

0

Lomonosov Square (until 1948 Chernysheva Square) is located between the street of the Architect Rossi and the embankment of the Fontanka River. The square is named after M.V. Lomonosov

Lomonosov Square is the bridgehead area of the Lomonosov Bridge. To the square converges: the embankment of the Fontanka River, Architect Rossi Street, Lomonosov Street and Torgovy Lane. At the beginning of the 18th century, there was a process of concentration of the most important architectural structures on the banks of the Neva River and in the quarters closest to it. The future Lomonosov Square was an urban outskirts, until the middle of the century this place was occupied by the Anichkov Palace estate.

By the middle of the XVIII century, the need had arisen for tidying up certain areas of the city. The architect K.I. Rossi was entrusted with the redevelopment of the Anichkov Palace estate (by the middle of the 18th century it was the territory from the Fontanka River to Sadovaya Street along Nevsky Prospect) and the adjacent territory between Nevsky Prospect and Chernyshev Lane (modern Lomonosov Street). From 1836 to 1891 the square was called Chernyshevskaya, from 1844 to August 23, 1948 - Chernyshov Square, from August 23, 1948 - Lomonosov Square. A small square on this square was defeated in the 1870s. In 1892, a bust of M.V. Lomonosov by the sculptor P.P. Zabello was installed in its center.

Theater district

The excursion route will provide an opportunity for townsmen and guests of the Northern Capital to go on an exciting journey through the theater district. Its length is only 800 meters and it lasts for one hour. This trip promises to give a complete picture of the theatrical life of the Northern Capital.

1 h

Rossi's Petersburg

Get acquainted with the heritage of the city's most outstanding architect

2 h
  • Address: St. Petersburg, Lomonosova pl.
  • Working time: Round table
To leave a review you need to authorize first
Anonymous
Administrator of visit-petersburg.ru
Show more