The 2nd Lavrsky Bridge is a road bridge over the Monastyrka River in the Lavrsky Passage in Central District of Saint Petersburg. It is the city’s first maple wood bridge
In the middle of the 18th century, a simple wooden bridge of the beam-horseshoe system was passed over the Chernaya River (now the Monastyrka River), near the Alexandrer-Nevsky Lavra. At first it was named Sadovy by the monastic gardens stretched along the left bank of the river.
The crossing was repaired in wood several times. In 1830 the bridge was rebuilt into a single span and wooden with arched system. This structure of the bridge remained almost unchanged for 150 years.
After the war, the bridge became dilapidated and was dismantled in 1980. In 1980-1981, a new one-span wooden arch bridge was built on the site of the old crossing. For the first time in Leningrad the technology of making bridge elements from mapped wood was used.
The crossing changed several names. On plans of St. Petersburg of the XIX century, the bridge is designated as 2nd Alexandrovsky, Economichesky and Konushenny. The bridge received its current name at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, following the renaming of the Monastyrsky Bridge as the 1st Lavrsky Bridge. Both bridges are named after the Alexander-Nevsky Lavra.
The 2nd Lavrsky Bridge connects the territory of the Alexander-Nevsky Lavra with the necropolis of the State Museum of City Sculpture.
- Address: St. Petersburg, 2st Lavrsky Pedestrian Most
- Site: https://mostotrest-spb.ru/bridges/2-j-lavrskij