The oldest stone bridge in St. Petersburg
Hermitage Bridge, which was built in 1763 1766 over Zimnaya (Winter) Canal near the Hermitage.
Earlier, in 1718 1720 there was a wooden drawbridge, which was built in the same time with construction of wooden coastal walls. In the 1760 the bridge was rebuilt in stone. It was a significant event that days – citizens just started to built such stone constructions.
At various times, the bridge was called Upper Embankment Bridge , Zimnedvortsovy (Winter Palace) Bridge, and since 1828 the bridge has been called the Hermitage Bridge.
Hermitage Bridge is one of the favorite places for photographers and artists. It’s view from Millionnaya Street is one of the symbols of St. Petersburg.
After appearing Tchaikovsky's opera "Queen of Spades" and the scene, where Lisa drowned herself in the waters of Winter Canal, the bridge got its new common name "Lisa's Bridge."
- Address: St. Petersburg, Ermitazhny most
- Site: https://mostotrest-spb.ru/bridges/ermitazhnyj