A functioning Orthodox church at the intersection of Romenskaya and Dnepropetrovskaya Ulitsa (street) in St. Petersburg. Belongs to the St. Petersburg diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church
The church in the name of an outstanding figure of the Russian Church of the XIV century, Saint Peter of Moscow, was built in 1911-1912 in the courtyard of Tvorozhkovsky Holy Trinity Monastery of St. Petersburg diocese in the former Moscow Yamskaya Sloboda (Yamskaya Sloboda is a type of a local coachman settlement, from Yamschik (Coachman) and Sloboda (the early Slavic word for "freedom").
In 1903, a merchant of the second guild and a landlord Pyotr Evgrafovich Semenov with his wife Alexandra Filippovna bought an empty lot at the corner of Yekaterinoslavskaya (modern Dnepropetrovskaya) and Romenskaya Ulitsa (street) and lodged an application for the construction of a “stone house with a church”. The Emperor approved the request on July 3, 1911.
The complex of stone buildings designed by the diocesan architect and civil engineer A.P. Aplaksin, an outstanding master of the neo-Russian style, was erected in 1911-1912.
A rare feature of the architecture of the courtyard is the combination of stylised details and composition intrinsic to the architecture of Medieval Russia ("Pskov-Novgorod", as well as Moscow tented roof churches of the 16th century). The buildings are characterised by a complex asymmetric composition with unusually shaped finishes, high quality decoration with the use of monumental painting on the faсades.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Romenskaya ul., 12
- Phone Number: +7(812) 712-22-73
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Sunday: Free