Fireworks on May 9 from Pushkin Memorial Apartment

Unforgettable festival fireworks on the Victory Day from the board of a comfortable single-deck motor ship.

On the anniversary day of the Great Victory, we invite guests and residents of the city for an evening boat trip. You will witness the grand festive fireworks from the board of a comfortable motor ship, which will be located in the waters of the Neva.

The single-deck motor ship has an open deck and a warm passenger room with a panoramic roof and a toilet.

The route is without an excursion assistance.

 

  • temples and cathedrals 1 ,
  • points of interest 2 ,
  • palaces 2 ,
  • museums 1 ,
  • parks 1 ,
  • monuments 1
Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood

St. Petersburg, nab. kanala Griboedova, 2, lit. B

One of the most beautiful, majestic and colorful cathedrals in the Russian Revival (Pseudo-Russian) style, it was built on the place where Emperor Alexander II was assassinated

The temple was built from 1883 till 1907 in the place of the tragic events that happened on the 1st of March 1881 – lethally wounding Emperor Alexander II who was heading to the place of the parade in the Field of Mars that moment. His son Alexander III ordered to build there a church for regular services for the repose of the killed father. That is why the name of the Church on Spilled Blood stuck to the temple, although it is officially called the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ.

The money was donated to the construction of the temple not only by Russians but also by the habitants of Slavic countries. On the walls of the bell tower there are more than a hundred of mosaic coats of arms of the cities, towns, governorates and uyezds who funded the building of the church. There is also the coat of arms of House of Romanov.

The cross of the bell tower is topped with a gold-plated kingly crown in recognition that the biggest contribution to the creation of the church was made by the august family. 4,6 millions of rubles were invested into the construction in total.

Architecturally, the Cathedral differs from St. Petersburg's other structures. The Church contains over 7500 square meters of mosaics—according to its restorers, more than any other church in the world. The walls and ceilings inside the Church are completely covered in intricately detailed mosaics — the main pictures being biblical scenes or figures — but with very fine patterned borders setting off each picture. This mosaic ensemble was worked at by artists V.M. Vasnetsov, M.V. Nesterov and  A.P. Ryabushkin.

For decoration of the heads there were used copper pieces covered with freeze-proof colored enamel (having the area of 1000 square meters). The height of the highest dome is 81 meter. All along the perimeter of the temple building there are set 20 granite plaques with gilded writings describing Alexander II’s deeds. From the side of the Mikhailovsky Garden the temple is surrounded with a cast-iron fence having a with floral made to a sketch by Parland.

After the revolution the Church on Spilled Blood was closed and not restored for a long time. It was even heard to be going to get built-down. In 1970 it was taken under the patronage of Saint Isaac’s Cathedral which invested 80% of money into its restoration. In 1997 the Church on the Spilled Blood threw open its doors for visitors as a museum housing a large collection of mosaic icons (having the area of more than 7 thousand square meters).

1
Peter and Paul Fortress

Peter and Paul Fortress

St. Petersburg, Zayachy ostrov

A unique historical, architectural and fortification art monument of XVIII-XIX centuries

Founded by Peter the Great in 1703, St. Peter and Paul Fortress is considered to be a unique fortification monument of XVIII-XIX centuries. Its architectural ensemble is focused around St. Peter and Paul Cathedral where the tombs of all the Russian emperors can be found.

The Peter and Paul Fortress is put on May 27, 1703. According to the legend, Peter I himself chose a place for new fortress – the small Hare island (in Finnish – Enisaari), located in the Neva River mouth. The citadel in the form of a six-pointed star was constructed according to the project made by the French engineer Zh.G. Lamber with the participation of the tsar. Six curtains connect six powerful bastions, the associates of Peter I called by names.

The defensive system from the West and the East is closed by Ioannovsky and Alekseevsky ravelins. Two bridges — Ioannovsky and Kronverksky - connect the Hare island with Petrograd. On October 1, 1703 fortress consecrated. On the Monarchic bastion the Andreevsky colors were hoisted, on ramparts three hundred tools are installed. On June 29, 1703 in the center of the Peter and Paul Fortress put small wooden church for the sake of apostles Pyotr and Pavel on which place in 1712-1732 built a stone cathedral. From 1731 to 1858 Peter and Paul Cathedral had the status of the cathedral temple of the capital, then was ranked as court department. The cathedral served as a tomb of reigning House of Romanovs. Here the Russian emperors and empresses from Peter I to Nikolay II, except for Pyotr II and Ioann of VI are buried. To a cathedral the covered gallery connected the Grand-ducal tomb.

Within the XVIII-XIX centuries in the territory of fortress buildings and constructions of different function were built: Botny house, Artillery, Mint, Commandant's and Engineering house, an also guardroom and others. In the XVIII century fortress became a jail of the state criminals, in XIX — the main political prison of Russia. At the emperor Alexander I at the beginning of the XIX century fortress was for the first time open for visitors. In the 1900th years in Peter and Paul Cathedral tours on an imperial necropolis were conducted. In 1924 Trubetskoy's prison of a bastion turned into the museum. In 1954 the complex of buildings of the Peter and Paul Fortress was passed the State museum of history of Leningrad (St. Petersburg).

The territory of the fortress and the beach are open for public. The main cites include the history of everyday life in St.Petersburg in the XVIII-XIX centuries in the House of the Commandant of the garrison. One may visit the prison of Trubetskoy bastion that once used to be the political prison. Among those prisoners who are well-known in the world were L.Trotsky and F.Dostoyevsky. The Boat house shows the first ship that started the history of Russin fleet.

2
Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The building, which is situated at Birzhevaya Ploschad 4, is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. Designed by French architect Thomas de Thomon and inspired by the Greek Temple of Hera at Paestum, the stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose. As of 2011 the building houses the exposition of the Central Naval Museum.

The Old Stock Exchange is sited to fill the majestic sweep of the Spit (in Russian Strelka) of Vasilievsky Island, just opposite the Winter Palace. Thomon's design called for a peristyle of forty four Doric columns resting upon a massive stylobate of red granite and supporting an entablature of triglyphs and slotted metopes. A monumental sculptural group similar in form to aquadriga featuring Neptune, and symbolizing maritime commerce, is mounted above the portico. Both inside and outside the Bourse, a motif of the semicircle is recurrent. The interior features a large colonnaded trading hall, now divided into eight exhibition halls. The central rooms are illuminated by an oblong skylight. The surrounding ceiling features double-sunk coffers.

3
The Rostral Columns

The Rostral Columns

St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky Ostrov, Birzhevaya Ploschad

In the 18th century the columns fulfiled the role of lighthouses

The first two rostrum columns, Chesmenskaya and Moreiskaya, were built in the 1770s at Tsarskoe Selo (near Pushkin) in memory of the victories of the Russian fleet (see Russian Naval Memorials). In St. Petersburg there are two rostral columns erected from granite and pudost stone in 1805-10 (architect Jean-Francois Thomas de Thomon) on the spit of Vasilyevsky Island (see also Stock Market Square). From the very start they served as beacons for the trading port. Inside the rostral columns are spiral staircases, leading to the squares are chalice shaped lamps on tripods (since 1957 the gas beacons of the columns have been lit for celebrations). At the pedestal of the columns are sculptures (the craftsman S. Sukhanov, the sculptors J. Camberlain and J. Thibaud), they are traditionally considered allegories for the Volga and Dnepr rivers (the northern column), the Neva and Volkhov (the southern column). In 1999-2000, they were restored.

4
 Winter Palace

Winter Palace

St. Petersburg, Dvortsovaya pl., 2

The Winter Palace is the former royal palace. Nowadays  it is a part of the main museum complex of the Hermitage

The monumental and elegant Winter Palace built by order of the Empress Elizabeth Petrovna by the architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762, is a striking monument of the Baroque style. The palace is a brilliant example of a synthesis of architecture and decorative plastic art. All the facades are embellished by a two-tier colonnade. Forming a complex rhythm of verticals, the columns soar upwards, and this motion embraces the numerous statues and vases on the roof. The abundance of stucco decoration - fanciful surbases and window architraves, mascarons, cartouches, rocailles, and a variety of pediments - creates an extremely rich play of light and shade that invest the building's appearance with magnificence.

Developing upon one and the same architectural motif, Rastrelli gave each of the four facades of the palace a different structural rhythm. The southern facade, overlooking the square, has a formal grandeur. Here the architect pierced the building with three arches to create a grand entrance into the courtyard and accentuated it with the vertical elements of paired columns. The majestic northern facade, giving the impression of an endless colonnade, faces the broad expanse of the Neva. The western facade, across from the Admiralty, is reminiscent of the composition of a countryside palace with a small courtyard. The monumental eastern facade with its massive side blocks forming a large courtyard is turned to Millionnaya Street, where the mansions of the nobility were located.

For 150 years the palace served as an imperial residence. In November 1917 it was declared a museum. The exhibition placed in the palace includes grand halls and chambers, collections of the antiquities of Eurasia and the East, as well as collections of European and Eastern paintings, sculptures, and decorative art works.

Ticket price - 800 rubles

Citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus - 400 rubles

Children, students, pensioners of the Russian Federation - for free

5
The Marble Palace

The Marble Palace

г.Санкт-Петербург, Миллионная улица, дом 5а, литера А
The Marble Palace (1768-1785, designed by A. Rinaldi). The usage of different kinds of marble gave the name to this Palace. The permanent exposition represents the main trends of Russian and non-Russian art of the second half of XX century.
6
Saint Michael's (Engineer's) Castle

Saint Michael's (Engineer's) Castle

St. Petersburg, ul. Sadovaya, 2

The largest architectural monument, completing the history of St. Petersburg architecture of the XVIII century

Mikhailovsky Castle is the only palace constructed in Russia in the style of romantic classicism. It is a unique building with which many stories and legends are connected, often of a mystical character. It combines the features of a medieval knight's castle and a secular European palace of the XVIII century.

The palace was designed by the architect V. I. Bazhenov on behalf of Emperor Paul I, who wanted to make it his main front residence. The construction was led by architect V. Brenna. He revised the original design of the palace and created the artistic decoration of its interiors.

In addition to Bazhenov and Brenn, the emperor himself took part in the creation of the project, having composed several drawings for him. Brenn's assistants were also included Fedor Svinin and Karl Rossi. 

Built in the shortest possible time, the castle became the place of the mysterious death of its owner.

At the beginning of the XIX century. the castle “a deserted monument of a tyrant, an abandoned palace forgotten” took military and cultural figures into its walls, and later the Engineering School was located here, and the luxurious interiors of the former imperial residence were rebuilt and adapted to its needs. For many years, the castle was named Inzhenerny. In Soviet times, various military organizations were located here.

Now in the restored halls of the castle there is a permanent interactive exposition "The Romanov Saga" and open sculpture funds of the late XIX - early XXI centuries. The authentic marble sculpture of the Summer Garden is also stored here, as well as temporary exhibitions.

 

7
Summer Garden

Summer Garden

Saint Petersburg, nab. Kutuzova, 2

The Summer Garden is one of the places where one can feel the atmosphere of Peter's times

The garden with a collection of sculptures and the Summer Palace that was the first Emperor's residence constitute a single museum complex. 

The Summer Garden is a pearl in the garden necklace of Petersburg. Peter I really liked this garden. It was laid out in 1704. Time has changed the garden a lot. However, its original planning still remains. 

Peter I wanted the garden of his residence to be as beautiful as the famous gardens of European monarchs. To decorate the Summer Garden he commissioned marble busts and statues from Italy. This purchase laid the foundation of the collection of sculpture of European level.

The fence on the Neva side of the Summer Garden is an architectural masterpiece of universal fame. The impressive monumentality merges miraculously with lightness, simplicity, and grace.

8
The Pushkin Apartment Museum

The Pushkin Apartment Museum

Saint Petersburg, nab. reki Moiki, 12

The Pushkin Apartment Museum is a memorial museum dedicated to the last period of Alexander Pushkin’s life and creative work. It is located in one of the oldest stone mansions in St. Petersburg at 12, River Moika Embankment which used to belong to the noble Volkonsky family

In September 1836 Pushkin rented a flat on the ground floor of Volkonsky’s house and lived there for four months till he died on February 10 (January 29 old style), 1837, after he had been mortally wounded at the duel. Since 1925, when the apartment officially became a museum, the tradition established to pay homage to the poet’s memory on the day of his death. Citizens of St. Petersburg, representatives of scientific and creative intelligentsia, the city administration and Pushkin’s descendants come to the courtyard of the house to attend a meeting, and at 2.45 P.M., when Pushkin’s heart ceased beating, the moment of silence is observed.

At present, the Museum features the poet’s apartment recreated to its primary state after the drawing of the poet Vasily Zhukovsky, historical documents and recollections of Pushkin’s friends. On display are unique memorial objects that belonged to the poet’s family, friends and contemporaries. The main room of the apartment is Pushkin’s working study. Many things there remember the touch his hands.

In the basement of the Museum building one can find the Introductory Exhibition informing about the history of the house, the life of Alexander Pushkin in Petersburg in 1836, the history of his last duel, and the response of the contemporaries on Pushkin’s death.

Price of tickets for individual visitors:

Adults 120 roubles + audio-guide 190 roubles
Students 30 roubles + audio-guide 190 roubles
Children under 16 years free + audio-guide 190 roubles

AUDIO-GUIDE (Russian, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Finnish, or Chinese) is required for all categories of individual visitors.
Admission to the Pushkin Apartment Museum with an AUDIO-GUIDE is until 4:45 pm

Guided group tour of the Museum (with advanced booking):

1–10 people — 3600 roubles
11–20 people — 7200 roubles

Non-professional photography and video shooting of the museum interiors are allowed with a special permit. Permits can be purchased at the ticket office of the Museum
Photo and video permits — 200 roubles

Free entrance: 10 February (The Pushkin Memorial Day), 18 May (International Museum Day), 6 June (The Pushkin Day of Russia)

9

Useful information

Date: May 9

Tel. +7 (812) 240 05 18

​e-mail: info@boattour.ru

https://boattour.ru/ru/catalog/saljut-9-maja-smolpar