St. Petersburg: Drawbridge Night Cruise in Russian

Not just a boat trip, but a long cruise around the night Petersburg. For you will open stunning landscapes of 4 night channels, and most importantly - the drawing bridges. The route is accompanied by an audio tour.

You journey begins next to Bronze Horseman, from the public quay at English Embankment.

Grand Neva and central bridges

In the beginning of your journey you will see the most famous sights of Saint Petersburg – Bronze Horseman, Admiralty building, Kunstkamera, Isaac’s Cathedral. Having crossed the Palace bridge you will see the unforgettable views of Old Saint Petersburg Stock.

The cruiser will sail below on the most beautiful bridges of Saint Petersburg – Trinity bridge, you will find yourself between the grand Peter and Paul fortress and the Hermitage that simply doesn’t require a presentation.

Than the boat will pass around Peter and Paul's Fortress allong Kronverkskiy canal.

Classic route

Having passed Summer Garden, the cruiser will embark on a naval journey through Fontanka river, Moyka river and Winter canal. You will see the whole central part of the city, the most famous sights such as St. Michael’s Castle, Summer garden with a Summer palace of Peter the Great, the Church of the Savior on Blood and Saint Petersburg most true to its nature with broad streets and beautiful buildings.

Drawn bridges

After Winter canal the cruiser will sail to the spacious aquatorium of Grand Neva. Having sailed down the stream, the cruiser will sail towards Bronze Horseman, where you will witness the beauty of Palace bridge drawn during a 15-minute stop.

The next to follow is Trinity bridge, it connects the central part of the city with Petrogradsky district.

After you have taken a look at the Trinity bridge drawn, you will sail below and will be able to witness Liteyniy bridge drawn.

Cruiser Aurora

From Neva river the cruiser will pass along Bolshaya Nevka and will come close to the cruiser Aurora. Than having passed through the main water area of the Neva the boat will go to the pier on English embankment 12, where the passengers will get off (5-10 minutes to the pier of landing).

 

  

  • temples and cathedrals 1 ,
  • circuses 1 ,
  • museums 3 ,
  • palaces 3 ,
  • points of interest 1 ,
  • berths 4
The Central Naval Museum, Cruiser "Aurora"

The Central Naval Museum, Cruiser "Aurora"

St. Petersburg, Petrogradskaya embankment

21.09.2014 the ship was transferred to the Kronstadt shipyard`s dockage facility till 2016

The ship is a 1900 Russian protected cruiser, currently preserved as a museum ship. In the same time Aurora stands today as the oldest commissioned ship of the Russian Navy. The Cruiser  Aurora is a legendary 1st rank Cruiser. The Aurora's keel was laid down at the "New Admiralty" shipyard in St.Petersburg on 23 May 1897. The cruiser was launched on 11 May 1900 and joined the Navy of Russia in July1903.
During the Russian-Japanese War the cruiser, being included in the second Pacific Ocean squadron, sailed to the Far East (October 1904 - May 1905). The cruiser Aurora had her baptism of fire in the Tsushima battle on 14-15 May 1905. When she returned to the Baltic sea, the Aurora for a long time was used as a ship for training naval cadets of the Naval College. In 1917 the Aurora's crew took an active part in the February and October revolutionary activities and the Civil War repulsing international intervention. On 25 October 1917 a blank shot from her forecastle gun signaled the start of the assault on the Winter Palace, which was to be the beginning of the October Revolution. For the whole period of the Leningrad siege from 1941 to 1944 the Aurora was moored at a pier in the Oranienbaum port (the town of Lomonosov) and was constantly shelled and bombed. The hull was holed, got many leakages and sank aground, but the small crew courageously fought for the life of their ship. In July 1944 the ship was raised and taken into a dock for repair.
In 1948 the cruiser Aurora was moored at the Petrogradskaya embankment of Leningrad and till 1956 was used as a naval training ship by the Leningrad Nakhimov College. In 1956 the cruiser Aurora was made a museum (a branch of the Central Naval Museum). 
The Cruiser Aurora is often mentioned in various art works - songs, poems and movies. So in 1945 was made a film about the legendary cruiser Varyag. The role of the Variag fell to Aurora's lot. 
1
"Savior on the Spilled Blood" Church Museum

"Savior on the Spilled Blood" Church Museum

St. Petersburg, Griboedova canal embankment, 2, lit. b

This church was built on the site where tsar Alexander II was assassinated

This Church was built on the site where Emperor Alexander II was severely wounded and died in March 1881.The church was built from 1883 till 1907. The construction was funded by the imperial family.

Architecturally, the Cathedral differs from St. Petersburg's other structures. The Church contains over 7500 square meters of mosaics—according to its restorers, more than any other church in the world. The walls and ceilings inside the Church are completely covered in intricately detailed mosaics — the main pictures being biblical scenes or figures — but with very fine patterned borders setting off each picture.

2
Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Petersburg, Isaakiyevskaya ploshchad, 4

The largest Russian Orthodox cathedral in the city

Saint Isaac's Cathedral or Isaakievskiy Sobor in Saint Petersburg is the largest orthodox chuch and the fourth largest cathedral in the world. It is dedicated to Saint Isaac of Dalmatia, a patron saint of Peter the Great, who had been born on the feast day of that saint.

The church on St Isaac's Square was ordered by Tsar Alexander I, to replace an earlier Rinaldiesque structure, and was the fourth consecutive church standing at this place.

The neoclassical exterior expresses the traditional Russian-Byzantine formula of a Greek-cross ground plan with a large central dome and four subsidiary domes. It is similar to Andrea Palladio's Villa La Rotonda, with a full dome on a high drum substituted for the Villa's low central saucer dome. The design of the cathedral in general and the dome in particular later influenced the design of the Lutheran Cathedral in Helsinki.

The exterior is faced with gray and pink stone, and features a total of 112 red granite columns with Corinthian capitals, each hewn and erected as a single block: 48 at ground level, 24 on the rotunda of the uppermost dome, 8 on each of four side domes, and 2 framing each of four windows. The rotunda is encircled by a walkway accessible to tourists. 24 statues stand on the roof, and another 24 on top of the rotunda.

The cathedral's main dome rises 101.5 metres (333 ft) and is plated with pure gold. The dome is decorated with twelve statues of angels by Josef Hermann. These angels were likely the first large sculptures produced by the then novel process of electrotyping, which was an alternative to traditional bronze casting of sculptures. Montferrand's design of the dome is based on a supporting cast iron structure. It was the third historical instance of cast iron cupola after the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk (1732) and Mainz Cathedral (1826).

3
Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The building, which is situated at Birzhevaya Ploschad 4, is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. Designed by French architect Thomas de Thomon and inspired by the Greek Temple of Hera at Paestum, the stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose. As of 2011 the building houses the exposition of the Central Naval Museum.

The Old Stock Exchange is sited to fill the majestic sweep of the Spit (in Russian Strelka) of Vasilievsky Island, just opposite the Winter Palace. Thomon's design called for a peristyle of forty four Doric columns resting upon a massive stylobate of red granite and supporting an entablature of triglyphs and slotted metopes. A monumental sculptural group similar in form to aquadriga featuring Neptune, and symbolizing maritime commerce, is mounted above the portico. Both inside and outside the Bourse, a motif of the semicircle is recurrent. The interior features a large colonnaded trading hall, now divided into eight exhibition halls. The central rooms are illuminated by an oblong skylight. The surrounding ceiling features double-sunk coffers.

6
Anichkov Bridge berth

Anichkov Bridge berth

St. Petersburg, Fontanka embankment, 27

Situated on Fontanka river embankment close to the center of the main St. Petersburg's street – Nevskiy prospect

None
7
Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace

Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace

Saint Petersburg, Nevsky pr., 41

The Palace of Beloselskyh-Belozerskyh is a luxury and well-known palace located on Nevsky prospekt at its intersection with Fontanka River

Among the numerous architectural monuments that are located on Nevsky prospekt, one of the most notable is the palace of the Dukes Belosyskie-Belozerskie. It was built in 1848 by the famous architect of the Nicholas I era - A.I. Stakenschneider. The design of the building was presented to the emperor and he approved it. The built palace delighted the contemporaries. It was called «majestic palazzo» and «perfection in its own kind», and it was also written that Starkenschneider «made a true artistic feat». The Palace of the Dukes Belosyskie-Belozerskie became the last private palace built on Nevsky prospekt in the 19th century.

The first owners of the palace were representatives of the oldest princely clan, leading from Vladimir Monomah - Belosyskie-Belozerskie. Many of them were military personnel, diplomats and held important positions at the royal court. The gala events, arranged by the princes in their own palace in Nevsky, were famous for their scope and luxury. By their magnificence, they were compared to the imperial receptions at Winter Palace. The princes Belosyskie-Belozerskie were fond of music, theatre, literature, and collected art collections (paintings, porcelain, silver), which decorated the halls of the palace.

At the end of the 19th century, the palace was acquired by the son of Emperor Alexander II, Grand Duke Sergey Alexandrovich, on the occasion of his marriage to Princess Ella of Hesse (Grand Duchess Elisabeth Fedorovna). In 1911, the owner of the palace, Elizabeth Fedorovna, gave the palace to her nephew, Grand Duke Dmitriy Pavlovich (later known as the one implicated in the murder of Grigory Rasputin).

After the October Revolution of 1917 the building was nationalized. During the Soviet period, various public organizations were housed here, and the main tenant was the Communist Party of Kuibyshevsky District. During the blockade, the building was damaged by bombardment and shelling. After the war restoration work was carried out in the palace.

In 1992 St. Petersburg Cultural Centre was located in the palace. Since January 2003, the building has been transferred under the jurisdiction of the Office of the President of Russian Federation. Great attention is now paid to its technical status. Surveys and restoration work are carried out.

The original interior of the palace is preserved, among which the ceremonial halls on the 2nd floor stand out: the Oak Hall (the former library), which was used as a small concert hall, the Art Gallery, the Parade Dining Room, the Beige Lounge, the Mirror ballroom with a beautiful acoustics, since it was originally intended for concerts and is still used as such, the Golden Crimson Drawing Room. In all of these and other halls there is still the art décor of the middle-end-19th century: fireplaces, lamps, stucco, paintings, mirrors, furniture and much more.

8
THE BOLSHOI SAINT-PETERSBURG STATE CIRCUS

THE BOLSHOI SAINT-PETERSBURG STATE CIRCUS

The big St. Petersburg State circus - the first stone stationary circus of Russia - opened on December 26, 1877. One of the most beautiful circuses of Europe the actors seeing on the European tour way of many circuses called this building. Gaetano Ciniselli (1815-1881) Initiator of his construction was the Italian citizen, the head of a big circus family, the circus performer (the equestrian and the trainer of horses), made to himself a big name in Europe, - Gaetano Ciniselli. The building of circus is the unique technical construction executed on the basis of a front line the then to engineering thought. For the first time in the world at construction of a dome record for those times flight (49,7м) supporting internal columns that created unusual spatial effect weren't applied. Essentially new mesh and ridge design of a dome as the huge overturned bowl covers a hall. This new technical solution became wide to be applied subsequently in construction of similar constructions. Registration of the auditorium was executed with luxury. In its furniture the crimson velvet, gold, mirrors were combined. Boxes and places in orchestra seats were designed for 1500 people, and the general filling of a hall, at the expense of a capacious gallery, reached 5000 viewers. The building of circus of Chinizelli, was among soon the main sights of the city and reached position of the paramount spectacular enterprise of the capital.

9
The State Hermitage Museum

The State Hermitage Museum

Saint Petersburg, Dvortsovaya ploshchad, 2

The collection of the State Hermitage includes more than three million works of art and artefacts of the world culture

The State Hermitage Museum is one of the largest artistic and cultural and historical museums in Russia and one of the largest in the world.The museum starts its history from collections of works of art which were gained by Russian empress Catherine II in private capacity.

The main expositions of the State Hermitage are placed in the Main Museum Complex, which is situated in the historical centre of Saint Petersburg. It is represented by  the Winter Palace, which is a former emperor's residence, Small Hermitage, Old Hermitage and New Hermitage, and also Hermitage Theatre.

In the Main Museum Complex of the State Hermitage are presented the monuments of culture and arts of the ancient world, Europe, Russia, the East, archaeological and numismatic collections. In the  Hermitage collection there are two paintings by Leonardo da Vinci and sculpture by Michelangelo, which can be found nowhere else in Russia, as well as the  largest collection of Rembrandt's paintings outside Netherlands.

The expositions of the State Hermitage Museum are also located in the General Staff, the Winter Palace of Peter I, Menshikov Palace, the Museum of the Imperial Porcelain Factory, Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Centre.

Ticket price — 600 roubles

300  roubles – entry ticket to one of the Hermitage branches (Winter Palace of Peter the Great, Menshikov Palace, the Museum of the Imperial Porcelain Factory, Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Centre)

The third Thursday of each month is a day of free entrance to the museum for all individual visitors (with free tickets).

Free entrance: preschool children, school children, students.

10
Marble Palace

Marble Palace

St. Petersburg, Millionnaya ul., 5/1

The palace is a prime example of early classicism architecture

The palace was designed by architect Antonio Rinaldi, whose portrait can be found on a marble bas-relief installed on a sidewall of the main staircase at the palace’s entrance. The portrait’s existence resulted from the request by the original owner of the palace, Count Orlov, who wanted to express his admiration for the talent of the architect. In the middle of the XIX century, the palace was rebuilt according to the project of architect Alexander Bryullov.

The three-storey stone building stands out in the panoramic view of the Palace Embankment with its massiveness and magnificence. The strict beauty of its architectural style is emphasised by the diverse texture and colourfulness of natural stone used in the decoration of its façades and interiors. Pilasters and columns evenly alternate with windows, and thanks to the selection of different types of stone, the whole composition is filled with calm grace.

Different varieties of marble were used during the construction of the palace, mainly from domestic deposits discovered in the 1760s along the shores of Ladoga and Onega lakes. Pink Tivdian marble is used to decorate the clock tower, attic and pilasters, uniting the two upper floors of the building. The window frames are made of grey Ruskeala marble, and the decorative wreaths between the windows of the second and third floors are made of white Ural marble. The plinth part of the building, made of Vyborg pink rapakivi granite, has a beautiful rough texture thanks to special surface treatment.

In front of the eastern façade, there’s a monument to Alexander III by P. P. Trubetskoy, which was mounted on Vosstaniya Square in 1909-1937. To the east of the building there is a monument to A.V. Suvorov by M. I. Kozlovsky on Suvorovskaya Ploshchad'.

A new stage in the life of Marble Palace began in 1992, when it was transferred to the State Russian Museum. Since then, systematic examination and scientific restoration of the unique monument have been carried out.

11
Saint Michael's (Engineer's) Castle

Saint Michael's (Engineer's) Castle

St. Petersburg, ul. Sadovaya, 2

The largest architectural monument, completing the history of St. Petersburg architecture of the XVIII century

Mikhailovsky Castle is the only palace constructed in Russia in the style of romantic classicism. It is a unique building with which many stories and legends are connected, often of a mystical character. It combines the features of a medieval knight's castle and a secular European palace of the XVIII century.

The palace was designed by the architect V. I. Bazhenov on behalf of Emperor Paul I, who wanted to make it his main front residence. The construction was led by architect V. Brenna. He revised the original design of the palace and created the artistic decoration of its interiors.

In addition to Bazhenov and Brenn, the emperor himself took part in the creation of the project, having composed several drawings for him. Brenn's assistants were also included Fedor Svinin and Karl Rossi. 

Built in the shortest possible time, the castle became the place of the mysterious death of its owner.

At the beginning of the XIX century. the castle “a deserted monument of a tyrant, an abandoned palace forgotten” took military and cultural figures into its walls, and later the Engineering School was located here, and the luxurious interiors of the former imperial residence were rebuilt and adapted to its needs. For many years, the castle was named Inzhenerny. In Soviet times, various military organizations were located here.

Now in the restored halls of the castle there is a permanent interactive exposition "The Romanov Saga" and open sculpture funds of the late XIX - early XXI centuries. The authentic marble sculpture of the Summer Garden is also stored here, as well as temporary exhibitions.

 

12
Summer Garden Berth

Summer Garden Berth

St. Petersburg, Dvortsovaya embankment

Situated near cultural and leisure sights of St.Petersburg such as Summer garden and Summer Palace of Peter the Great

None
13

Useful information

Dates: 12 May - 30 September

Tel. +7 (812) 240 05 18  

e-mail: info@boattour.ru 

https://boattour.ru/ru/catalog/nightcruise-entire-saint-petersburg