St. Petersburg, Rostov-on-Don, Petrozavodsk, Kazan, Moscow, Volgograd, Krasnodar, Voronezh, Kaliningrad and Pereslavl-Zalessky made up the top ten popular Russian cities in August.
According to the survey, tourists book trips in August for the period from 1 to 6.6 nights and will spend from 1.2 to 5.6 thousand rubles per day on accommodation. The cheapest vacation in August is in Kaliningrad, more expensive - in Pereslavl-Zalessky.
The list has been compiled based on data from tourist accommodation bookings for the period from 1 to 31 August 2020. The list does not include resorts and resort villages on the Black Sea and Azov coasts.
Top ten cities to travel in August:
- St. Petersburg - 3162 rubles / 6.3 nights
- Rostov-on-Don - 2267 rubles / 1 night
- Petrozavodsk - 5140.7 rubles / 6.6 nights
- Kazan - 2151.7 rubles / 4.8 nights
- Moscow - 1850.3 rubles / 3.5 nights
- Volgograd - 2192.2 rubles / 2.4 nights
- Krasnodar - 1575.3 rubles / 1.8 nights
- Voronezh - 1579.5 rubles / 2 nights
- Kaliningrad - 1163.6 rubles / 8.3 nights
- Pereslavl-Zalessky - 5636.5 rubles / 3.7 nights
* Average family spending per night / average number of booked nights