Also, the section of the permanent exhibition "Islam" will appear in an updated form: there will be sets of objects that tell in detail about the history of the St. Petersburg Cathedral Mosque and the Hajj to Mecca. Especially for the opening, the museum staff prepared four new temporary exhibitions: “Consecrate the altar ... Russian engraved antimins of the 17th - 9thcenturies from the museum collection” (Exhibition Hall on the 2ndfloor), «More than alive. To the 150thanniversary of the birth of V.I. Lenin "(Exhibition Hall - 1stfloor)», «Magic patterns. Folk Art and Beliefs of Russia» (Entrance Zone), as well as «Search for an Image. Academic artists as a gift to the Museum of the History of Religion» (Exhibition Hall on the 1stfloor). Another exhibition will open on 23 July – «Venerable Seraphim Vyritskiy - Russian Golgotha» (Atrium).
Following the recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor, the State Museum of the History of Religion introduces temporary rules for visiting the museum:
1. A visit to the museum is possible only for sessions every 20 minutes. No more than 10 tickets are sold for each session.
2. The museum organizes individual and thematic excursions for groups of no more than 5 people.
3. Contactless payment methods are carried out: by bank cards or on-line using the TimePad service
4. The museum's management appeals to visitors with an earnest request not to take off their mask and gloves during the entire stay in the museum. If necessary, the mask can be purchased from the machine in the recreation area on the 1stfloor.
5. It is necessary to maintain a social distance of 1.5 - 2 meters between each other and the museum staff, as well as follow special markings
For a safe visit to the museum, protective screens are installed in the entrance area at the ticket office and at the reception desk; every 2 hours, the premises are cleaned using disinfectants. For visitors, sanitizers are located in the entrance area and bathrooms.