The Avrora shows first-run Russian movies, as well as some foreign films
This theater opened in 1913, next to the Anchikov Palace on Nevskii Prospekt as the Pikadilly Cinema. It was renamed the Avrora in 1932. The newest uadio system was installed in the cinema the same year and the center became one of the first sound ones in Europe. This fact made the cinema the most popular place in Saint-Petersburg.
Dmitri Shostakovich The cinema in the era of the "great silent film" worked pianist . In those years, the films in the "Piccadilly" were not only accompanied by a pianist playing, but also a full symphony orchestra.