On August 4, 1951 the first electric train took off from Finland Railway Station
The first electrified track section was the route Leningrad – Zelenogorsk on Karelian Isthmus. Train operation started on Sunday, August 4, 1951. This day is the birth date of a new electrodepot in the railway network of the Soviet Union. At 1:30 a.m. the power dispatcher gave the command to turn on the current in the contact wire. In 20 minutes the first train set off from the platform of the Finland Station. It was driven by a senior engine-driver Nikolai Arsenyev. Thus, he became the first engine-driver who drove the train out of the new depot.
- Address: St.Petersburg, Ploschad Lenina, 6