Alexander Pushkin made a huge contribution to Russian literature, Russian language and culture. Two significant dates are associated with the name of the poet. We do not leave without attention the birthday of Pushkin and the date of his tragic death. Moreover, his death was tragic, unfair and untimely. The day of the poet's death, February 10, became the day dedicated to his memory
This year St. Petersburg program of memorable events related to the name of the great Russian poet.
Program of event
- 12:00 o’clock — ceremony of laying flowers to the monument of Alexander Pushkin in the Lyceum Garden. Lyceum Museum (Pushkin, Sadovaya ulitsa/Sadovaya Street, 2)
- 13:00 o’clock — opening of the exhibition "The art of silhouette "Theater of shadows" by K. Sevastyanov. Green Hall of the Pushkin National Museum (Embankment of the Moika River, 12)
- 14:00 o’clock — opening of the exhibition "... Through the Magic Crystal. Graphics and pastels of Leonid Stroganov." Foyer and concert hall of “Bironovy Konyushni” (Embankment of the Moika River, 12)
- 14:30 o’clock — solemn commemorative meeting dedicated to the 181st anniversary of Pushkin's death (Embankment of the Moika River, 12). The Director of the Russian National Museum of A. S. Pushkin, Doctor of Cultural sciences, Professor S. M. Nekrasov, Head of The Pushkin Apartment Museum, Doctor of Philology, G. M. Sedova and other figures of literature and art will be the speakers there.
- 14:45 o’clock — minute of silence
- 16:00 o’clock — "Offering to the poet". Performance of graduate students of Boris Schcukin Theatre Institute. Artistic Director of the course and director of the concert is Honored Artist of the Russian Federation, Professor A.L. Dubrovskaya. Concert Hall (Embankment of the Moika River, 12). Entrance is free (the number of seats is limited)
- By tradition, The Pushkin Apartment Museum and the main literary-monographic exhibition "A. S. Pushkin. Jizn I tvorchestvo(life and creativity)” are free for visitors from 10:30 to 13:30 o’clock and from 15:30 to 18:00 o’clock (The last group enters the museum one hour before closing).
- On this day, apartment visitors will pass a way that poet's contemporaries went through in January, 1837. 13:30 and 15:30 o’clock — “A.S. Pushkin in St. Petersburg” excursion with visiting the place of famous duel on Chyornaya rechka (Chyornaya River). Preferential cost is 600 rubles for all categories of people. Tickets pre-sales and gathering of a group in the ticket office of museum (Embankment of the Moika River, 12)
- 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 16:00 o’clock — walking tour "The Last Path of Pushkin" (from the house on the Moika, 12, along the embankment to the Church of the Savior of the Holy Face on Konyushennaya Square, where the burial service of the poet was performed). Tickets sales and gathering of a group in the ticket office of museum (Embankment of the Moika River, 12)