The monument is a commemorative plaque on the former site of St. Petersburg first tram line
This is a rail track 30 meters long, mounted on the sidewalk at Admiralteysky Prospekt. Here at the beginning of the last century the first St. Petersburg classic tram line was appeared. The total length of the line was 2.14 km – extending from the Alexander Garden on Konnogvardeisky Boulevard, then along the Nikolayevsky Bridge to Vasilievsky Island and further along the 8th line to Bolshoy Prospekt. The designer of this line was engineer Heinrich Osipovich Graftio, who himself conducted the first tram on line on September 29 (September 16 in the old calendar) in 1907.
During the celebration of the first tramway 100th Anniversary on September 29, 2007 here was established the memorial plaque. The memorable rail track itself had appeared two years earlier in 2005.
- Address: Saint Petersburg, Admiralteysky Prospect / Gorokhovaya ul.