Osinovezckiy lighthouse is an active lighthouse in Lake Ladoga.
The Osinovezckiy lighthouse was built in 1905. Its height - 70 meters, above sea level - 74 meters. Its light can be seen for 40 kilometers.
From 1941 to 1943 during the Siege of Leningrad the lighthouse was a part of "The Road of Life". In those days the Osinovezckiy port was constructed here in spite of the fact that the ships had never moored to the shores of Lake Ladoga before.
In September 1941 the first convoy of ships with grain on board arrived to the port. From May to November 1942 over 500 000 people were evacuated from the city. Lake Ladoga was the last way to supply the besieged city. The Osinovezckiy port was subjected to constant attacks from the air because the enemy tried to cut off the only supply channel.
Today on the wall of the Osinovezckiy lighthouse you can see a memorial plaque with the inscription: "In 1941-1943 women, children and wounded defenders of Leningrad were transported from this port to the Mainland through the legendary "Road of Life" under continuous bombing and shelling of the enemy. The brave feat of the heroes of Lake Ladoga will live forever".
- Address: Saint Petersburg, Lake Ladoga, 44