One of the most exciting places to visit
It was erected in 1814 to commemorate the Russian victory over Napoleon. Famous architect Quarenghi designed a wooden arch but it did not last long. Between 1827 and 1834 Stasov redesigned and rebuilt the Arch in stone.
The decoration and sculptures were designed by leading sculptors of the time. P. Clodt made a composition of horses on the top of the Arch. It is possible to get inside and to climb upstairs to see an on-going exhibition.