Avenue connects the city centre and its southern districts, and marks the beginning of the road to Moscow
From the first half of the 18th century to 1878, the section from the Fontanka River to Moskovskie Gates was called Sarskaya Road or Tsarskoselskaya Perspektiva.
The 1950s were notable for the development of the Olympia Garden and construction of Building 26 (1955) that houses the metro administration and Tekhnologichesky institut metro station
During the Siege of 1941-44, the forefront of Leningrad defence line was set close to Moskovsky Avenue.
The following metro stations are located on Moskovsky Avenue: Tekhnologichesky Institut, Frunzenskaya, Moskovskie Vorota, Elektrosila, Park Pobedy, and Moskovskaya.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Moskovsky prospekt