Main avenue of Vasilievsky Island has appeared in 18th century, in times when there was nothing but thick forest
The avenue runs from the First Line of Vasilievsky Island to Morskoy Slavy Square. It was laid in the 1710s. Canals that were provided for in Vasilievsky Island development projects were not built. Gardens that appeared instead were officially allowed in 1809.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky Ostrov, Bolshoi prospekt