The square is bounded by Zagorodny Avenue, Vladimirsky Avenue, Kuznechny Lane, Kolokolnaya Street, and Bolshaya Moskovskaya Street
1739 - Torgovaya Square, 1923-50 - Nakhimsona Square after revolutionary S. M. Nakhimson (1885-1918). Houses are numbered in the same sequence as in Vladimirsky Avenue.
The square was so named after the Church of Our Lady of Vladimir, which has existed since the 1860s. It was designed by the Commission for St. Petersburg Buildings in the 1740s. The square and streets around it were assigned for the Court Settlement - a settlement of court craftsmen and workers. The image of the square formed in the late 19th century. Vladimirskaya metro station was put into service in 1955, Dostoevskaya metro station in 1991. A monument to F. M. Dostoevsky by sculptors L. M. Kholin and P. P. Ignatyev, artist P. A. Ignatyev, and architect V. L. Spiridonov was opened not far from the square in Bolshaya Moskovskaya Street in 1997.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Tsentral'ny district,