Named after a famous Soviet poet-futurist Vladimir Mayakovsky
Mayakovskogo Street, between Nevsky Prospect and Kirochnaya Street. It was built in the first half of the 18th century, and was called Srednyaya Pershpektivaya, in the middle of 19th century - Shestilavochnaya Street, then - Nadezhdinskaya Street; in 1936, it was renamed after V.V. Mayakovsky, who lived in Building 52 in 1915-18. Until the middle of the 19th century, the street remained a suburban road; in the second half of the 19th - early 20th centuries, it was built up with apartment houses (Buildings 25, 43 and 44 date back to an earlier period, they have been preserved without any considerable alternations). Building 21 was owned by Russian Insurance Society (1903, 1912-13, architect A.A. Gimpel); the lot 36-38 is occupied with the Art Nouveau apartment house of N.V. Chaykovsky (1905-06, civil engineer M.Y. Kapelinsky, 1908-09, architect M.A. Songailo). Building 18 housed the editorial office of journal Otechestvennye Zapiski in 1878-81, Building 5 was a home for Obstetric and Gynaecological Society headed by Professor D.O. Ott (today - Snegirev Maternity Hospital № 6). In Building 15, Central Administrative Board of State Horse-Breeding was quartered since 1843 (1834-35, architect Z.S. Krasnopevkov, reconstructed). M. Gorky lived in building 11 in 1899-1901, lawyer A.F. Koni lived in Building 3 in 1916-27, writer V.B. Shklovsky - in Building 33. Building 13 was owned by the statesman and military figure Count A.P. Ignatyev.
- Address: St. Petersburg, ulitsa Mayakovskogo