The building historically was the St. Peter’s German Reformed Church
An architectural monument constructed in 1862-65, for the needs of the German Reformatory community by architect G. A. Bosse. The church with a high two-tier bell-tower was done in a pseudo-Romanesque style. The prayer hall with two tiers of windows was located on the second floor and could hold up to 1,000 people. On the first floor there was a school and the pastor's flat. In 1872, the church suffered extensive fire damage; in 1872-74 it was restored without any considerable alteration to the design (architect K. K. Rachau). Around 1900, the windows were adorned with stained-glass patterns by artist E. Tode. In 1917, the congregation of the cathedral numbered about 4,000 people. In 1929, the church was closed down. In 1932-40, it was rebuilt to accommodate the Postal Workers' Club (architects P. M. Grinberg, G. S. Rayts).
- Address: St. Petersburg, Bolshaya Morskaya ul., 58