A sample of XX century architcture
A joint-stock commercial bank, opened in 1890. It was among the largest banks by 1914, its volume of transactions was high enough for the bank to rank 5th in the nation. The bank had 111 branches. Its major activities included granting credit and loans and distributing securities, as well as financing industries such as sugar production, cement industry, and - to a lesser extent - metallurgy, machine-building, and others. The bank cooperated closely with the Russian-Asian Bank from 1912. It also had close links to foreign capital, especially to British capital. The bank was located at 27 Bolshaya Konyushennaya Street until it moved to its own building at 15 Bolshaya Morskaya Street in 1915. The building was constructed by architect M. M. Peretyatkovich in 1912-15. It was nationalized after October 1917.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Bolshaya Morskaya ul., 15