Beloselsky-Belozersky Palace

0

The Palace of Beloselskyh-Belozerskyh is a luxury and well-known palace located on Nevsky prospekt at its intersection with Fontanka River

Among the numerous architectural monuments that are located on Nevsky prospekt, one of the most notable is the palace of the Dukes Belosyskie-Belozerskie. It was built in 1848 by the famous architect of the Nicholas I era - A.I. Stakenschneider. The design of the building was presented to the emperor and he approved it. The built palace delighted the contemporaries. It was called «majestic palazzo» and «perfection in its own kind», and it was also written that Starkenschneider «made a true artistic feat». The Palace of the Dukes Belosyskie-Belozerskie became the last private palace built on Nevsky prospekt in the 19th century.

The first owners of the palace were representatives of the oldest princely clan, leading from Vladimir Monomah - Belosyskie-Belozerskie. Many of them were military personnel, diplomats and held important positions at the royal court. The gala events, arranged by the princes in their own palace in Nevsky, were famous for their scope and luxury. By their magnificence, they were compared to the imperial receptions at Winter Palace. The princes Belosyskie-Belozerskie were fond of music, theatre, literature, and collected art collections (paintings, porcelain, silver), which decorated the halls of the palace.

At the end of the 19th century, the palace was acquired by the son of Emperor Alexander II, Grand Duke Sergey Alexandrovich, on the occasion of his marriage to Princess Ella of Hesse (Grand Duchess Elisabeth Fedorovna). In 1911, the owner of the palace, Elizabeth Fedorovna, gave the palace to her nephew, Grand Duke Dmitriy Pavlovich (later known as the one implicated in the murder of Grigory Rasputin).

After the October Revolution of 1917 the building was nationalized. During the Soviet period, various public organizations were housed here, and the main tenant was the Communist Party of Kuibyshevsky District. During the blockade, the building was damaged by bombardment and shelling. After the war restoration work was carried out in the palace.

In 1992 St. Petersburg Cultural Centre was located in the palace. Since January 2003, the building has been transferred under the jurisdiction of the Office of the President of Russian Federation. Great attention is now paid to its technical status. Surveys and restoration work are carried out.

The original interior of the palace is preserved, among which the ceremonial halls on the 2nd floor stand out: the Oak Hall (the former library), which was used as a small concert hall, the Art Gallery, the Parade Dining Room, the Beige Lounge, the Mirror ballroom with a beautiful acoustics, since it was originally intended for concerts and is still used as such, the Golden Crimson Drawing Room. In all of these and other halls there is still the art décor of the middle-end-19th century: fireplaces, lamps, stucco, paintings, mirrors, furniture and much more.

Along Nevsky prospekt to the Admiralty

Nevsky prospekt is the main street of St. Petersburg and the most famous and beautiful sights are situated here

Saint-Petersburg overnight

Night walk along the rivers and canals of the city along the route Fontanka - the river Neva - r. Fontanka. During the walk, passengers will be able to see the layout of the two bridges and enjoy unforgettable views of the night Petersburg. The route is accompanied by an audio tour.

Anglotourismo

• live English speaking guide

• excursion along rivers and canals

City Cruise

The best solution for people travelling around the city! River and canal Hop-on Hop-off excursion with 5 stops next to the main sights and points of interest in the city. 24-hour ticket. Audio-guide in 7 languages.

Northern Venice

• route along the rivers and canal

• Neva, Fontanka, Moika River, Winter groove

• professional guide

• classic boat trip

St. Petersburg: Drawbridge Night Cruise in Russian

Not just a boat trip, but a long cruise around the night Petersburg. For you will open stunning landscapes of 4 night channels, and most importantly - the drawing bridges. The route is accompanied by an audio tour.

Grand Ducal Petersburg

This route will guide you through the most significant palaces of Saint Petersburg which were owned by members of royal family

3 h
  • Address: Saint Petersburg, Nevsky pr., 41
  • Phone Number: +7 (812) 315-52-36
  • Fax: +7 (812) 315-52-36
  • Site: beloselskiy-palace.ru
  • Email: a_excurse@mail.ru
  • Working time:
    Monday - Sunday: 11:00 - 14:30, 15:00 - 19:00
    None
To leave a review you need to authorize first
Anonymous
Administrator of visit-petersburg.ru
Show more