Tuchkov Bridge is the bridge across Malaya Neva, it connects Vasilievsky and Petrogradsky Islands
A modern, three-span steel bridge on granite-clad, reinforced-concrete piers, Tuchkov Bridge mimics Palace Bridge in design, with its symmetrical opening central span and lack of obvious ornament. In fact, despite its central location, Tuchkov Bridge is one of the least decorative in the city. In 2010s it is yearly decorated with electric lights to be seen from Birzhevoy Bridge for winter season.
The original bridge was built in 1758 in wood. It got its name after local businessman Avraam Tuchkov who financed its construction and who had warehouses nearby. The bridge has been reconstructed several times during its history. Last time it was reconstructed in 1962-1965.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Tuchkov most