The bridge connects the historical center with the Malaya Okhta district
Suvorovsky prospect (which starts off from Nevskiy (Staronevskiy) prospect) is almost the direct road towards the bridge. On the further side of the river the road goes to Krasnogvardeyskaya place and, crossing the river Okhta, dissolves into the residential areas of the Stalin era.
The ceremony of bridge founding was organized on June 26, 1909 - in two hundred years anniversary of Poltava Battle. In spite of this fact bridge was named after the emperor, who win the battle – Peter the Great Bridge.
During the Soviet epoch the bridge was called Bolsheokhtinsky after the river Bolshaya Okhta. Nowadays the bridge has two these names.
The bridge features only three spans, the central one can be drawn. The special thing about the bridge is lighthouse-like towers, boasting devices drawing the bridge.
The length of the bridge is 335 metres, it's width is 23,5 metres. The weight of the metallic structures is 8920 tones, including the weight of the counterbalance, which is 1065 tones.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Bolsheokhtinsky bridge