The Holy Trinity Izmaylovsky Cathedral was built between 1828 and 1835
The cathedral was constructed for the Izmaylovsky regiment, invincible in numerous battles and wars that it took part in. It was also worshipped by ordinary people. The central wooden dome is decorated with 280 gilded stars with 208 more on the minor domes. In the XIX century the trophies of the regiment were stored in the cathedral. Those were the regiment colors, the flags of the ships, cannonry and the keys to the cities taken after the Battle of Borodino, the Crimean war in 1853-1856 and Russo-Turkish war in 1877-1878, the last one aimed to bring freedom to the peoples of the Balkans. In 1938 the cathedral was closed and served as a stockhouse for a long time. The reconstruction of the cathedral began in the 1990s. In 2006 a fire destryed the original dome, so the reconstruction was completed in 2008.
In 1886 a monument "The Column to the Military Glory" 30 m high was erected in front of the cathedral. The column is made of 140 trophy cannons taken in battles in Bulgaria. There were also 10 bigger cannons making a semi-circle. The column was destructed in 1929 and reerected in 2005.
Services are held daily at 10.00 at 17.00.