Musical cruise

Evening water tour along the Neva and the Gulf of Finland, accompanied by live music. From the ship there is a beautiful view of the main city center and the expanses of the Gulf of Finland.

The route is carried out on the club ship Element.

Let’s mix a honey-drop…with a barrel of honey! We invite you to a journey through Neva river and Finnish gulf to the strains of live music. Comfortable double-deck cruiser will turn for 2 hours into an extraordinary music club, where you will listen to the beloved hits of 20th century. Bass-guitars and synths, drums and live vocal, and also water, dance atmosphere, stunning views and sea breeze – such a concert will make not only your day but also your whole week!

Concert on Neva river

To the strains of energetic and romantic melodies that you can’t help singing along, you will gaze upon the main landmarks of Saint Petersburg: Peter and Paul fortress, Winter palace, Kunskamera, Senate square ensemble and Bronze Horseman, Isaac’s Cathedral, Admiralty building.

Having passed Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange and Rostral Columns, the cruiser will sail into BolshayaNevka – the shortest way to Finnish gulf.

Sea journey to the strains of popular songs

It’s a wonderful idea to mix live concert with a sea journey. Not only you will see Saint Petersburg from its “sea-side”. Just imaging being bathed in the energy of high-quality music, drive burning inside, and being surrounded with waves, space, fresh sea breeze coming from Finnish gulf…

You will meet numerous cruisers, yachts, docks, yaht-clubs for the life of Petersburg and its citizens is intricately connected to the sea. You will see Zenith-Arena stadium on Krestovskiy island and cable bridge, which gracefully connects the parts of the city, the tallest tower of Saint Petersburg – Gazprom building and Public port with spectacular cruise liners.

And Grand Neva river again

Having returned to the main aquatorium of Neva river to the strains of live music, the cruiser will sail down the stream past Trinity bridge. There you will see Summer Garden surrounded with the most famous railing in the world, Marble palace, Mars field, and the domes of the Church on the Spilled Blood. Then the cruiser will sail past Peter and Paul fortress towards Aurora cruiser, after that it will turn back to the point of departure.

 

  

  • temples and cathedrals 1 ,
  • museums 2 ,
  • monuments 1 ,
  • sea and river ports 1 ,
  • alternative view 1 ,
  • palaces 2 ,
  • points of interest 3 ,
  • parks 1 ,
  • berths 3 ,
  • arenas 1
The Central Naval Museum, Cruiser "Aurora"

The Central Naval Museum, Cruiser "Aurora"

St. Petersburg, Petrogradskaya embankment

21.09.2014 the ship was transferred to the Kronstadt shipyard`s dockage facility till 2016

The ship is a 1900 Russian protected cruiser, currently preserved as a museum ship. In the same time Aurora stands today as the oldest commissioned ship of the Russian Navy. The Cruiser  Aurora is a legendary 1st rank Cruiser. The Aurora's keel was laid down at the "New Admiralty" shipyard in St.Petersburg on 23 May 1897. The cruiser was launched on 11 May 1900 and joined the Navy of Russia in July1903.
During the Russian-Japanese War the cruiser, being included in the second Pacific Ocean squadron, sailed to the Far East (October 1904 - May 1905). The cruiser Aurora had her baptism of fire in the Tsushima battle on 14-15 May 1905. When she returned to the Baltic sea, the Aurora for a long time was used as a ship for training naval cadets of the Naval College. In 1917 the Aurora's crew took an active part in the February and October revolutionary activities and the Civil War repulsing international intervention. On 25 October 1917 a blank shot from her forecastle gun signaled the start of the assault on the Winter Palace, which was to be the beginning of the October Revolution. For the whole period of the Leningrad siege from 1941 to 1944 the Aurora was moored at a pier in the Oranienbaum port (the town of Lomonosov) and was constantly shelled and bombed. The hull was holed, got many leakages and sank aground, but the small crew courageously fought for the life of their ship. In July 1944 the ship was raised and taken into a dock for repair.
In 1948 the cruiser Aurora was moored at the Petrogradskaya embankment of Leningrad and till 1956 was used as a naval training ship by the Leningrad Nakhimov College. In 1956 the cruiser Aurora was made a museum (a branch of the Central Naval Museum). 
The Cruiser Aurora is often mentioned in various art works - songs, poems and movies. So in 1945 was made a film about the legendary cruiser Varyag. The role of the Variag fell to Aurora's lot. 
1
Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Petersburg, Isaakiyevskaya ploshchad, 4

The largest Russian Orthodox cathedral in the city

Saint Isaac's Cathedral or Isaakievskiy Sobor in Saint Petersburg is the largest orthodox chuch and the fourth largest cathedral in the world. It is dedicated to Saint Isaac of Dalmatia, a patron saint of Peter the Great, who had been born on the feast day of that saint.

The church on St Isaac's Square was ordered by Tsar Alexander I, to replace an earlier Rinaldiesque structure, and was the fourth consecutive church standing at this place.

The neoclassical exterior expresses the traditional Russian-Byzantine formula of a Greek-cross ground plan with a large central dome and four subsidiary domes. It is similar to Andrea Palladio's Villa La Rotonda, with a full dome on a high drum substituted for the Villa's low central saucer dome. The design of the cathedral in general and the dome in particular later influenced the design of the Lutheran Cathedral in Helsinki.

The exterior is faced with gray and pink stone, and features a total of 112 red granite columns with Corinthian capitals, each hewn and erected as a single block: 48 at ground level, 24 on the rotunda of the uppermost dome, 8 on each of four side domes, and 2 framing each of four windows. The rotunda is encircled by a walkway accessible to tourists. 24 statues stand on the roof, and another 24 on top of the rotunda.

The cathedral's main dome rises 101.5 metres (333 ft) and is plated with pure gold. The dome is decorated with twelve statues of angels by Josef Hermann. These angels were likely the first large sculptures produced by the then novel process of electrotyping, which was an alternative to traditional bronze casting of sculptures. Montferrand's design of the dome is based on a supporting cast iron structure. It was the third historical instance of cast iron cupola after the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk (1732) and Mainz Cathedral (1826).

2
Russian Academy of Arts

Russian Academy of Arts

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 17

Museum of the Russian Academy of Arts is a unique art collection not only in Russia, but throughout the world

The Russian Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg, informally known as the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts, was founded in 1757 by Ivan Shuvalov under the name Academy of the Three Noblest Arts. Catherine the Great renamed it the Imperial Academy of Arts and commissioned a new building, completed 25 years later in 1789 by the Neva River. The academy promoted the neoclassical style and technique, and sent its promising students to European capitals for further study. Training at the academy was virtually required for artists to make successful careers.

Formally abolished in 1918 after the Russian Revolution, the academy was renamed several times. It introduced free tuition; students from across the country competed fiercely for its few places annually. In 1947 the national institution was moved to Moscow, and much of its art collection was moved to the Hermitage. The building in Leningrad was devoted to the Ilya Repin Leningrad Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, named in honor of one of Russia's foremost realist artists. Since 1991 it has been called the St. Petersburg Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture.

5
Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The building, which is situated at Birzhevaya Ploschad 4, is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. Designed by French architect Thomas de Thomon and inspired by the Greek Temple of Hera at Paestum, the stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose. As of 2011 the building houses the exposition of the Central Naval Museum.

The Old Stock Exchange is sited to fill the majestic sweep of the Spit (in Russian Strelka) of Vasilievsky Island, just opposite the Winter Palace. Thomon's design called for a peristyle of forty four Doric columns resting upon a massive stylobate of red granite and supporting an entablature of triglyphs and slotted metopes. A monumental sculptural group similar in form to aquadriga featuring Neptune, and symbolizing maritime commerce, is mounted above the portico. Both inside and outside the Bourse, a motif of the semicircle is recurrent. The interior features a large colonnaded trading hall, now divided into eight exhibition halls. The central rooms are illuminated by an oblong skylight. The surrounding ceiling features double-sunk coffers.

6
Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera) RAS

Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera) RAS

Saint Petersburg, Universitetskaya naberezhnaya, 3

One of the largest ethnographic museums in the world is the successor of the Kunstkamera, museum established by Peter The Great in 1714.

Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography is one of the largest and oldest ethnographic museums in the world. It is the successor to the first Russian state public museum, the famous Kunstkamera, established by Peter The Great in 1714.

The Kunstkamera was dedicated to collecting and researching natural and human curiosities and rarities. Today, Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography RAS is not only an academic museum, but also one of the leading research centers of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

Here the traditions of the great Russian ethnographers and anthropologists of the XVIII - XX centuries continue. Priceless ethnographic, anthropological and archaeological collections stored in the Museum are considered to be the most complete and interesting in the world. There are over 1.2 million exhibits, reflecting the diversity of cultures of the peoples of the Old and New Worlds, which are part of the cultural heritage of all mankind.

7
Menshikov Palace

Menshikov Palace

Saint Petersburg, Universitetskaya naberezhnaya, 15

Menshikov Palace was the first stone building in the city

Since 1981, it has served as a public museum, a branch of the Hermitage Museum.

The palace was founded in 1710 as a residence of Saint Petersburg Governor General Alexander Menshikov and built by Italian architects Giovanni Maria Fontana, and, later, German architect Gottfried Johann Schädel. It was opened in 1711, but the construction continued until 1727 (assisted by Domenico Trezzini, Bartolomeo Rastrelli, Georg Johann Mattarnovy and Jean-Baptiste Le Blond), when Menshikov with his family was exiled to Siberia and his property was confiscated.

In 1731, Cadet Corps were established and occupied the palace and neighboring buildings. At the end of the 19th century the Menshikov Palace was restored and became the museum of the Corps. In 1924, its collections were moved to the Hermitage and other museums. From 1956-1981 the Menshikov Palace was restored again and finally opened to the public as a branch of the Hermitage Museum with a collection of Russian art of the late 17th-early 18th century.

8
The Rostral Columns

The Rostral Columns

St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky Ostrov, Birzhevaya Ploschad

In the 18th century the columns fulfiled the role of lighthouses

The first two rostrum columns, Chesmenskaya and Moreiskaya, were built in the 1770s at Tsarskoe Selo (near Pushkin) in memory of the victories of the Russian fleet (see Russian Naval Memorials). In St. Petersburg there are two rostral columns erected from granite and pudost stone in 1805-10 (architect Jean-Francois Thomas de Thomon) on the spit of Vasilyevsky Island (see also Stock Market Square). From the very start they served as beacons for the trading port. Inside the rostral columns are spiral staircases, leading to the squares are chalice shaped lamps on tripods (since 1957 the gas beacons of the columns have been lit for celebrations). At the pedestal of the columns are sculptures (the craftsman S. Sukhanov, the sculptors J. Camberlain and J. Thibaud), they are traditionally considered allegories for the Volga and Dnepr rivers (the northern column), the Neva and Volkhov (the southern column). In 1999-2000, they were restored.

9
Park of Saint-Petersburg 300 anniversary

Park of Saint-Petersburg 300 anniversary

St. Petersburg, Primorskiy pr., 74

The central objects of the park are a pool, fountains, stylized lighthouse granite columns 22 meters high

The park is located in the northwestern part of St. Petersburg. Total area is 91 hectares.

The park is set on the shore of the Gulf of Finland in the North-West of the city.  The green area of 91 hectars is separated from the public beach by a granite embankment alongside the seashore. A wide alley guides you from the main entrance to the granite column 22 m high built in the form of a lighthouse. From this place one may admire the panoramic view to the gulf seascape and the anchored passenger cruise liners. The 300th anniversary of the city was marked by planting a number of decorative apple and lime trees. Today the citizens come here to play volleyball, do skating, cycling and kite-surfing (in case of fair wind), there are some children playgrounds and skateparks. The park is a venue for the annual Maslenitsa feast celebration. The biggest indoor waterpark in Russia called Piterland is located next to the park.

1. The park is situated on a raised beach. Some 30 years ago it would be the floor of the Baltic sea.
2. One may distinguish the dome of the Naval Cathedral of Kronstadt – the city on an island that used to be in important fort in the previous times.

Bring your badminton rackets and a frisbee to spend some good time in the open air.

10
11
 Winter Palace

Winter Palace

St. Petersburg, Dvortsovaya pl., 2

The Winter Palace is the former royal palace. Nowadays  it is a part of the main museum complex of the Hermitage

The monumental and elegant Winter Palace built by order of the Empress Elizabeth Petrovna by the architect Francesco Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754-1762, is a striking monument of the Baroque style. The palace is a brilliant example of a synthesis of architecture and decorative plastic art. All the facades are embellished by a two-tier colonnade. Forming a complex rhythm of verticals, the columns soar upwards, and this motion embraces the numerous statues and vases on the roof. The abundance of stucco decoration - fanciful surbases and window architraves, mascarons, cartouches, rocailles, and a variety of pediments - creates an extremely rich play of light and shade that invest the building's appearance with magnificence.

Developing upon one and the same architectural motif, Rastrelli gave each of the four facades of the palace a different structural rhythm. The southern facade, overlooking the square, has a formal grandeur. Here the architect pierced the building with three arches to create a grand entrance into the courtyard and accentuated it with the vertical elements of paired columns. The majestic northern facade, giving the impression of an endless colonnade, faces the broad expanse of the Neva. The western facade, across from the Admiralty, is reminiscent of the composition of a countryside palace with a small courtyard. The monumental eastern facade with its massive side blocks forming a large courtyard is turned to Millionnaya Street, where the mansions of the nobility were located.

For 150 years the palace served as an imperial residence. In November 1917 it was declared a museum. The exhibition placed in the palace includes grand halls and chambers, collections of the antiquities of Eurasia and the East, as well as collections of European and Eastern paintings, sculptures, and decorative art works.

Ticket price - 800 rubles

Citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus - 400 rubles

Children, students, pensioners of the Russian Federation - for free

12
The Marble Palace

The Marble Palace

г.Санкт-Петербург, Миллионная улица, дом 5а, литера А
The Marble Palace (1768-1785, designed by A. Rinaldi). The usage of different kinds of marble gave the name to this Palace. The permanent exposition represents the main trends of Russian and non-Russian art of the second half of XX century.
13
The stadium "Gazprom Arena"

The stadium "Gazprom Arena"

Saint Petersburg, Football alley, 1

On the spot of Kirov Stadium, where Zenit used to play, now there is a new modern arena designed by a Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa (1934-2007)

The stadium is promised to be one of the most technologically advanced and perfect sports edifices in Europe.

The stadium will host matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, including semi-final games. The total capacity of the stadium amounts to 69 501 visitors.

14
Passenger port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Facade"

Passenger port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Facade"

St.Petersburg, ul. Bereg Nevskoi Guby, 1

“Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade” is the first and only specialized passenger port in the North-West of Russia and also the largest one in the Baltic region. The Port is located on the reclaimed territories of Vasilievsky Island. 

The port complex includes seven berths with a total length of 2,171.06 meters, three cruise terminals and one combined cruise-ferry terminal. Passenger port of Saint Petersburg can receive cruise ships of up to 340 meters in length.

Construction of a new port in Nevskaya Guba began in 2005, and already in September 2008 the Port received its first ship with passengers on board. "Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade" PLC is the only marine terminal operator at the Port. 

Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade" PLC is an active participant of the global cruise market and appears regularly at international cruise industry events and exhibitions. The Port is a member of Association of Commercial Seaports, CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), Cruise Industry Members Association, Cruise Europe, Association of Marine Tourism Enterprises.

How to get:

You can get to the nearest metro station – “Primorskaya” (“Приморская”) by bus No. 158. The bus ride takes about 15 minutes.
You can also drive or walk to “Primorskaya” metro station. The walk should take about 30 minutes.

See the ships schedule

 

15
Summer Garden Berth

Summer Garden Berth

St. Petersburg, Dvortsovaya embankment

Situated near cultural and leisure sights of St.Petersburg such as Summer garden and Summer Palace of Peter the Great

None
16
St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 5
None
18

Useful information

Dates: 12 May – 15 September

Tel. +7 (812) 2400518

e-mail: info@boattour.ru

https://boattour.ru/ru/catalog/muzykalnyj-rejs