Scarlet Sails Show at the Senate Marina

The Scarlet Sails festival was awarded the European Best Event Awards and is justly called one of the best city events in Europe, which cannot be missed and definitely should be seen from the best angle - from the board of the ship. The ticket price includes a drink of your choice - champagne, juice or mineral water.

The graduation celebration Scarlet Sails is one of the biggest holidays in the waters of St. Petersburg. Spectators are going to see a memorable light-pyrotechnic show in the central area of the Neva.

Under the light of numerous fireworks on the water, there will be a multimedia performance unfolding, with its pinnacle at a glide along the embankments of the ship with the red sails. The sailboat passes along the Neva accompanied by classical music and grand fireworks, symbolizing the hope and fulfillment of desires. According to the preliminary information, this year's show will take place on the night of June 23-24.

Every year about a million viewers gather to watch the show. Crowds of people fill all the free space on the embankments. In such conditions, only those who are lucky enough to take a place in the front row can see something.

We invite everyone to enjoy an unforgettable spectacle from the most favorable angle and in comfort at the board of our motor ships.

Departure from the city pier Senate Marina (English Embankment, 2) at 23:45.

On a comfortable single deck boat, you will go on a festive water trip, where a music program is prepared for you on board, which will amuse you while waiting for the show.

The ticket price includes a drink of your choice - champagne, juice or mineral water.

During the show, our ship will be located at the Palace Bridge, the distance to the heat of the celebration is just 600-700 meters.

 

ATTENTION! Purchased tickets are recommended to be printed out or collected in advance in our ticket offices at any pier convenient for you. Promo and discount codes don't apply for these tickets.

  

  • temples and cathedrals 1 ,
  • points of interest 3 ,
  • berths 2 ,
  • museums 1 ,
  • palaces 1
Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Petersburg, Isaakiyevskaya ploshchad, 4

The largest Russian Orthodox cathedral in the city

Saint Isaac's Cathedral or Isaakievskiy Sobor in Saint Petersburg is the largest orthodox chuch and the fourth largest cathedral in the world. It is dedicated to Saint Isaac of Dalmatia, a patron saint of Peter the Great, who had been born on the feast day of that saint.

The church on St Isaac's Square was ordered by Tsar Alexander I, to replace an earlier Rinaldiesque structure, and was the fourth consecutive church standing at this place.

The neoclassical exterior expresses the traditional Russian-Byzantine formula of a Greek-cross ground plan with a large central dome and four subsidiary domes. It is similar to Andrea Palladio's Villa La Rotonda, with a full dome on a high drum substituted for the Villa's low central saucer dome. The design of the cathedral in general and the dome in particular later influenced the design of the Lutheran Cathedral in Helsinki.

The exterior is faced with gray and pink stone, and features a total of 112 red granite columns with Corinthian capitals, each hewn and erected as a single block: 48 at ground level, 24 on the rotunda of the uppermost dome, 8 on each of four side domes, and 2 framing each of four windows. The rotunda is encircled by a walkway accessible to tourists. 24 statues stand on the roof, and another 24 on top of the rotunda.

The cathedral's main dome rises 101.5 metres (333 ft) and is plated with pure gold. The dome is decorated with twelve statues of angels by Josef Hermann. These angels were likely the first large sculptures produced by the then novel process of electrotyping, which was an alternative to traditional bronze casting of sculptures. Montferrand's design of the dome is based on a supporting cast iron structure. It was the third historical instance of cast iron cupola after the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk (1732) and Mainz Cathedral (1826).

1
St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 5

The building of the Academy is a monument of strict classicism.

Russian Academy of Sciences was created according to the plan of Peter I, who understood the importance of scientific thought, education and culture for the prosperity of the country. Caring about the correspondence of the Academy's activities to the world level, Peter I invited leading foreign scientists to work for the new institution. Among the first were mathematicians Nikolai and Daniil Bernoulli, Christian Goldbach, physicist Georg Bülfinger, astronomer and geographer Joseph Delil, historian G.F. Miller. In 1727, Leonard Euler became a member of the Academy.

The building of the Academy, which we see today, was erected under Catherine II, who considered herself the successor of the affairs of Peter. The site west of the Kunstkamera was transferred to the Academy of Sciences in 1783. Construction under the supervision of architect G. Quarenghi was completed by 1787. The length of the facade of the building is 100.97 meters, the center is highlighted by a powerful portico of eight ionic columns and external granite stairs. The Academy building has become a symbol of the classical style in the architecture of St. Petersburg and one of the best creations of Quarenghi.

The internal arrangement of the Academy of Sciences building was completed only by the centennial of this scientific institution, by 1824. By this time, a conference hall, rooms of the committee of the board, a physical office, apartments of academicians and employees of the academy, a newspaper expedition (a post office department that distributes newspapers) and other services were located here.

One way or another, the activity of almost all outstanding Russian scientists from the 18th to the first quarter of the 20th century was connected with Saint Petersburg Academy of Sciences. Among them are mathematicians P. L. Chebyshev, M. V. Ostrogradsky and A. N. Krylov, chemist A. M. Butlerov, physiologist I. P. Pavlov, geologist A. P. Karpinsky, natural scientist V. I. Vernadsky. The small conference hall of the Academy of Sciences building is associated with the activities of V.I. Lenin. Here, in the spring and autumn sessions of 1891, he took exams at the law faculty of St. Petersburg University.

In 1826, the development plan for the quarter behind the building on the embankment was approved. Here, by 1831, the museum wing of the Academy of Sciences was built (Birzhevoy passage, house No. 2). In 1828, the Physics Office had been transferred from the Kunstkamera to the Academy of Sciences, which was transformed into a Physics Laboratory at the beginning of the 20th century. On the basis of this laboratory, the Mathematics Office and the Seismic Commission, the Physics and Mathematics Institute was formed in 1921.

There have been some changes in the appearance of the building of the Academy of Sciences throughout its existence. In 1881, a wooden fence made on the basis of Quarenghi's drawing between the columns of the portico and on the descents of the main staircase was replaced by a metal grate.

In preparation for the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Academy of Sciences in 1925, the mosaic painting "Poltava Battle", created by Mikhail Lomonosov in 1764, was placed on the upper platform of the main staircase. In 1934, the Presidium of the USSR Academy of Sciences was transferred to Moscow, leaving the archive, library and Leningrad Scientific Center of the USSR Research Institute in the old building. In the 1930s, the N. Y. Marr Institute of Language and Thinking worked in the building on the banks of the Neva and the apartment of the mathematician and shipbuilder A.N. Krylov was located here from 1937 to 1945.

For a long time in the building housed the Administrative Department of Leningrad institutions of the USSR Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Theoretical Astronomy worked in the Museum wing in the 1950s and 1960s. A marble plaque is mounted on the basement of the building, showing the rise of the water level in the Neva during the 1924 flood.

Currently, the building of the Academy of Sciences houses the St. Petersburg Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

3
Russian Academy of Arts

Russian Academy of Arts

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 17

Museum of the Russian Academy of Arts is a unique art collection not only in Russia, but throughout the world

The Russian Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg, informally known as the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts, was founded in 1757 by Ivan Shuvalov under the name Academy of the Three Noblest Arts. Catherine the Great renamed it the Imperial Academy of Arts and commissioned a new building, completed 25 years later in 1789 by the Neva River. The academy promoted the neoclassical style and technique, and sent its promising students to European capitals for further study. Training at the academy was virtually required for artists to make successful careers.

Formally abolished in 1918 after the Russian Revolution, the academy was renamed several times. It introduced free tuition; students from across the country competed fiercely for its few places annually. In 1947 the national institution was moved to Moscow, and much of its art collection was moved to the Hermitage. The building in Leningrad was devoted to the Ilya Repin Leningrad Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, named in honor of one of Russia's foremost realist artists. Since 1991 it has been called the St. Petersburg Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture.

4
Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The building, which is situated at Birzhevaya Ploschad 4, is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. Designed by French architect Thomas de Thomon and inspired by the Greek Temple of Hera at Paestum, the stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose. As of 2011 the building houses the exposition of the Central Naval Museum.

The Old Stock Exchange is sited to fill the majestic sweep of the Spit (in Russian Strelka) of Vasilievsky Island, just opposite the Winter Palace. Thomon's design called for a peristyle of forty four Doric columns resting upon a massive stylobate of red granite and supporting an entablature of triglyphs and slotted metopes. A monumental sculptural group similar in form to aquadriga featuring Neptune, and symbolizing maritime commerce, is mounted above the portico. Both inside and outside the Bourse, a motif of the semicircle is recurrent. The interior features a large colonnaded trading hall, now divided into eight exhibition halls. The central rooms are illuminated by an oblong skylight. The surrounding ceiling features double-sunk coffers.

5
Berth «Bronze Horseman»

Berth «Bronze Horseman»

St. Petersburg, Admiralteyskaya embankment

Situated near cultural and leisure sights of St.Petersburg such as Palace square, Building of the Main Admiralty, Bronze Horseman etc.

None
6
Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera) RAS

Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera) RAS

Saint Petersburg, Universitetskaya naberezhnaya, 3

One of the largest ethnographic museums in the world is the successor of the Kunstkamera, museum established by Peter The Great in 1714.

Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography is one of the largest and oldest ethnographic museums in the world. It is the successor to the first Russian state public museum, the famous Kunstkamera, established by Peter The Great in 1714.

The Kunstkamera was dedicated to collecting and researching natural and human curiosities and rarities. Today, Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography RAS is not only an academic museum, but also one of the leading research centers of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

Here the traditions of the great Russian ethnographers and anthropologists of the XVIII - XX centuries continue. Priceless ethnographic, anthropological and archaeological collections stored in the Museum are considered to be the most complete and interesting in the world. There are over 1.2 million exhibits, reflecting the diversity of cultures of the peoples of the Old and New Worlds, which are part of the cultural heritage of all mankind.

7
Menshikov Palace

Menshikov Palace

Saint Petersburg, Universitetskaya naberezhnaya, 15

Menshikov Palace was the first stone building in the city

Since 1981, it has served as a public museum, a branch of the Hermitage Museum.

The palace was founded in 1710 as a residence of Saint Petersburg Governor General Alexander Menshikov and built by Italian architects Giovanni Maria Fontana, and, later, German architect Gottfried Johann Schädel. It was opened in 1711, but the construction continued until 1727 (assisted by Domenico Trezzini, Bartolomeo Rastrelli, Georg Johann Mattarnovy and Jean-Baptiste Le Blond), when Menshikov with his family was exiled to Siberia and his property was confiscated.

In 1731, Cadet Corps were established and occupied the palace and neighboring buildings. At the end of the 19th century the Menshikov Palace was restored and became the museum of the Corps. In 1924, its collections were moved to the Hermitage and other museums. From 1956-1981 the Menshikov Palace was restored again and finally opened to the public as a branch of the Hermitage Museum with a collection of Russian art of the late 17th-early 18th century.

8

Useful information

Tel.: +7 (812) 240 05 18
e-mail: info@boattour.ru