Scarlet Sails Show from the public quay opposite «Okhtinskaya» hotel

Viewing the Scarlet Sails Show from the side of a comfortable double-deck boat from the Liteiny Bridge. Departure and arrival will take place from the public quay opposite “Ohtinskaya” hotel (Sinopskaya embankment, 28) at 11 pm. There is a bar on board, music program on-board.

This feast of school graduates is on of the biggest celebrations on water and it takes place in Saint Petersburg. Spectators will be amazed by a remarkable ceremony with lights and fireworks that will take place in the center of Neva river aquatorium.

Under the bright lights of fireworks a multimedia performance will unfold on the water, the culmination of it will be a grand ship with crimson sails. The route of the sail-ship will happen to the strains of classical music and a grand firework show that symbolizes hope and wish fulfillment. This year the show will take place at night from 23d to 24th of June.

Each year millions of people gather to watch the show. The crowds flood the embankments. It’s hardly ever possible to witness even the slightest bit for those who haven’t been lucky enough to take the front places.

We invite everyone wishing to attend to savor the unforgettable spectacle from the best angle – the broadsides of our cruisers.

Departure will take place from the public quay opposite “Okhtinskaya” hotel (Sverdlovskaya embankment, 64) at 11.15 pm.

On a comfortable double-deck cruiser with a marvelous music program on-board, you will embark on a naval journey.

At the time of the show our cruiser will be in between of Trinity and Liteyniy bridges just in 600-700 meters from the main event. The show will begin at 00.40.

There is a bar on-board where you will be able to order light drinks and appetizers.

“Crimson sails” feast has been awarded with European Best Event Award and is truly the best city event in Europe that must never be missed and must be enjoyed from the best angle – the broadsides of a cruiser.

ATTENTION! Purchased tickets are recommended to be printed out or collected in advance in our ticket offices at any pier convenient for you. Promo and discount codes don't apply for these tickets.

  • museums 2 ,
  • points of interest 3 ,
  • berths 1 ,
  • monuments 3 ,
  • palaces 2
The Central Naval Museum, Cruiser "Aurora"

The Central Naval Museum, Cruiser "Aurora"

St. Petersburg, Petrogradskaya embankment

21.09.2014 the ship was transferred to the Kronstadt shipyard`s dockage facility till 2016

The ship is a 1900 Russian protected cruiser, currently preserved as a museum ship. In the same time Aurora stands today as the oldest commissioned ship of the Russian Navy. The Cruiser  Aurora is a legendary 1st rank Cruiser. The Aurora's keel was laid down at the "New Admiralty" shipyard in St.Petersburg on 23 May 1897. The cruiser was launched on 11 May 1900 and joined the Navy of Russia in July1903.
During the Russian-Japanese War the cruiser, being included in the second Pacific Ocean squadron, sailed to the Far East (October 1904 - May 1905). The cruiser Aurora had her baptism of fire in the Tsushima battle on 14-15 May 1905. When she returned to the Baltic sea, the Aurora for a long time was used as a ship for training naval cadets of the Naval College. In 1917 the Aurora's crew took an active part in the February and October revolutionary activities and the Civil War repulsing international intervention. On 25 October 1917 a blank shot from her forecastle gun signaled the start of the assault on the Winter Palace, which was to be the beginning of the October Revolution. For the whole period of the Leningrad siege from 1941 to 1944 the Aurora was moored at a pier in the Oranienbaum port (the town of Lomonosov) and was constantly shelled and bombed. The hull was holed, got many leakages and sank aground, but the small crew courageously fought for the life of their ship. In July 1944 the ship was raised and taken into a dock for repair.
In 1948 the cruiser Aurora was moored at the Petrogradskaya embankment of Leningrad and till 1956 was used as a naval training ship by the Leningrad Nakhimov College. In 1956 the cruiser Aurora was made a museum (a branch of the Central Naval Museum). 
The Cruiser Aurora is often mentioned in various art works - songs, poems and movies. So in 1945 was made a film about the legendary cruiser Varyag. The role of the Variag fell to Aurora's lot. 
1
Peter and Paul Fortress

Peter and Paul Fortress

St. Petersburg, Zayachy ostrov

A unique historical, architectural and fortification art monument of XVIII-XIX centuries

Founded by Peter the Great in 1703, St. Peter and Paul Fortress is considered to be a unique fortification monument of XVIII-XIX centuries. Its architectural ensemble is focused around St. Peter and Paul Cathedral where the tombs of all the Russian emperors can be found.

The Peter and Paul Fortress is put on May 27, 1703. According to the legend, Peter I himself chose a place for new fortress – the small Hare island (in Finnish – Enisaari), located in the Neva River mouth. The citadel in the form of a six-pointed star was constructed according to the project made by the French engineer Zh.G. Lamber with the participation of the tsar. Six curtains connect six powerful bastions, the associates of Peter I called by names.

The defensive system from the West and the East is closed by Ioannovsky and Alekseevsky ravelins. Two bridges — Ioannovsky and Kronverksky - connect the Hare island with Petrograd. On October 1, 1703 fortress consecrated. On the Monarchic bastion the Andreevsky colors were hoisted, on ramparts three hundred tools are installed. On June 29, 1703 in the center of the Peter and Paul Fortress put small wooden church for the sake of apostles Pyotr and Pavel on which place in 1712-1732 built a stone cathedral. From 1731 to 1858 Peter and Paul Cathedral had the status of the cathedral temple of the capital, then was ranked as court department. The cathedral served as a tomb of reigning House of Romanovs. Here the Russian emperors and empresses from Peter I to Nikolay II, except for Pyotr II and Ioann of VI are buried. To a cathedral the covered gallery connected the Grand-ducal tomb.

Within the XVIII-XIX centuries in the territory of fortress buildings and constructions of different function were built: Botny house, Artillery, Mint, Commandant's and Engineering house, an also guardroom and others. In the XVIII century fortress became a jail of the state criminals, in XIX — the main political prison of Russia. At the emperor Alexander I at the beginning of the XIX century fortress was for the first time open for visitors. In the 1900th years in Peter and Paul Cathedral tours on an imperial necropolis were conducted. In 1924 Trubetskoy's prison of a bastion turned into the museum. In 1954 the complex of buildings of the Peter and Paul Fortress was passed the State museum of history of Leningrad (St. Petersburg).

The territory of the fortress and the beach are open for public. The main cites include the history of everyday life in St.Petersburg in the XVIII-XIX centuries in the House of the Commandant of the garrison. One may visit the prison of Trubetskoy bastion that once used to be the political prison. Among those prisoners who are well-known in the world were L.Trotsky and F.Dostoyevsky. The Boat house shows the first ship that started the history of Russin fleet.

 

2
St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 5
4
Russian Academy of Arts

Russian Academy of Arts

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 17

Museum of the Russian Academy of Arts is a unique art collection not only in Russia, but throughout the world

The Russian Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg, informally known as the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts, was founded in 1757 by Ivan Shuvalov under the name Academy of the Three Noblest Arts. Catherine the Great renamed it the Imperial Academy of Arts and commissioned a new building, completed 25 years later in 1789 by the Neva River. The academy promoted the neoclassical style and technique, and sent its promising students to European capitals for further study. Training at the academy was virtually required for artists to make successful careers.

Formally abolished in 1918 after the Russian Revolution, the academy was renamed several times. It introduced free tuition; students from across the country competed fiercely for its few places annually. In 1947 the national institution was moved to Moscow, and much of its art collection was moved to the Hermitage. The building in Leningrad was devoted to the Ilya Repin Leningrad Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, named in honor of one of Russia's foremost realist artists. Since 1991 it has been called the St. Petersburg Institute for Painting, Sculpture and Architecture.

5
Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The building, which is situated at Birzhevaya Ploschad 4, is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. Designed by French architect Thomas de Thomon and inspired by the Greek Temple of Hera at Paestum, the stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose. As of 2011 the building houses the exposition of the Central Naval Museum.

The Old Stock Exchange is sited to fill the majestic sweep of the Spit (in Russian Strelka) of Vasilievsky Island, just opposite the Winter Palace. Thomon's design called for a peristyle of forty four Doric columns resting upon a massive stylobate of red granite and supporting an entablature of triglyphs and slotted metopes. A monumental sculptural group similar in form to aquadriga featuring Neptune, and symbolizing maritime commerce, is mounted above the portico. Both inside and outside the Bourse, a motif of the semicircle is recurrent. The interior features a large colonnaded trading hall, now divided into eight exhibition halls. The central rooms are illuminated by an oblong skylight. The surrounding ceiling features double-sunk coffers.

6
Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera) RAS

Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (the Kunstkamera) RAS

Saint Petersburg, Universitetskaya naberezhnaya, 3

One of the largest ethnographic museums in the world is the successor of the Kunstkamera, museum established by Peter The Great in 1714.

Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography is one of the largest and oldest ethnographic museums in the world. It is the successor to the first Russian state public museum, the famous Kunstkamera, established by Peter The Great in 1714.

The Kunstkamera was dedicated to collecting and researching natural and human curiosities and rarities. Today, Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography RAS is not only an academic museum, but also one of the leading research centers of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

Here the traditions of the great Russian ethnographers and anthropologists of the XVIII - XX centuries continue. Priceless ethnographic, anthropological and archaeological collections stored in the Museum are considered to be the most complete and interesting in the world. There are over 1.2 million exhibits, reflecting the diversity of cultures of the peoples of the Old and New Worlds, which are part of the cultural heritage of all mankind.

7
Menshikov Palace

Menshikov Palace

Saint Petersburg, Universitetskaya naberezhnaya, 15

Menshikov Palace was the first stone building in the city

Since 1981, it has served as a public museum, a branch of the Hermitage Museum.

The palace was founded in 1710 as a residence of Saint Petersburg Governor General Alexander Menshikov and built by Italian architects Giovanni Maria Fontana, and, later, German architect Gottfried Johann Schädel. It was opened in 1711, but the construction continued until 1727 (assisted by Domenico Trezzini, Bartolomeo Rastrelli, Georg Johann Mattarnovy and Jean-Baptiste Le Blond), when Menshikov with his family was exiled to Siberia and his property was confiscated.

In 1731, Cadet Corps were established and occupied the palace and neighboring buildings. At the end of the 19th century the Menshikov Palace was restored and became the museum of the Corps. In 1924, its collections were moved to the Hermitage and other museums. From 1956-1981 the Menshikov Palace was restored again and finally opened to the public as a branch of the Hermitage Museum with a collection of Russian art of the late 17th-early 18th century.

8
The Rostral Columns

The Rostral Columns

Saint Petersburg, Vasilievsky Ostrov, Birzhevaya Ploschad

In the 18th century the columns fulfiled the role of lighthouses

The first two rostrum columns, Chesmenskaya and Moreiskaya, were built in the 1770s at Tsarskoe Selo (near Pushkin) in memory of the victories of the Russian fleet (see Russian Naval Memorials). In St. Petersburg there are two rostral columns erected from granite and pudost stone in 1805-10 (architect Jean-Francois Thomas de Thomon) on the spit of Vasilyevsky Island (see also Stock Market Square). From the very start they served as beacons for the trading port. Inside the rostral columns are spiral staircases, leading to the squares are chalice shaped lamps on tripods (since 1957 the gas beacons of the columns have been lit for celebrations). At the pedestal of the columns are sculptures (the craftsman S. Sukhanov, the sculptors J. Camberlain and J. Thibaud), they are traditionally considered allegories for the Volga and Dnepr rivers (the northern column), the Neva and Volkhov (the southern column). In 1999-2000, they were restored.

9
Senate and Synod building

Senate and Synod building

St. Petersburg, Galernaya Street

Historical building in the Empire style

Originally built to house the two main governance bodies of the Russian Empire - Directing Senate and the Holy Synod. It was built in 1829-1834 under the project of Carlo Rossi and A.E. Shtaubert.

Senate and Synod are two separate buildings, united by a triumphal arch. Arch symbolized the unity of church and state, it is decorated with the sculptural group "Justice and Godliness." Bas-reliefs and high reliefs around the triumphal arch show the history of Russian legislation: bas-relief "Civil Law", busts of Peter I and Catherine II, bas-relief "The Law of the Lord", bas-relief "Natural Law."

The Russian State Historical Archive is located in these buildings from 1925 till 2006. The Russian Constitutional Court is housed in the former Senate building since May 2008, and the Presidential Library named by B.N. Yeltsin is placed in Synod building since 2009, in which the Patriarch private quarters and the head of state apartments are located. 

 

The Senate Square which is situated in front of the building of Senate and Synod changed its name for three times. The first name of the square was Senate Square but when The Bronze Horseman monument was established in the middle of the square in 1782 it was renamed and became Peter’s Square. In 1925 it was renamed Decembrists Square to commemorate the Decembrist Revolt, which took place there in 1825. The first name Senate Square was given back to the square in 2008.

 

For visiting The Presidential Library named by B. N. Yeltsin it is necessary to sign up at its official website.

10
 Winter Palace

Winter Palace

St. Petersburg, Dvortsovaya pl., 2

The Winter Palace is a former imperial palace, at present is a part of the Main Museum Complex of the Hermitage

The elegant, monumental palace is a striking monument of the Baroque style in mid-18th-century Russian art. The palace is a brilliant example of the synthesis of architecture and decorative plastic art. All the facades are embellished by a two-tier colonnade. Forming a complex rhythm of verticals, the columns soar upwards, and this motion embraces the numerous statues and vases on the roof. The abundance of moulded decoration - fanciful cornices and window architraves, mascarons, cartouches, rocailles, and a variety of pediments - creates an extremely rich play of light and shade that invest the building's appearance with magnificence.

Developing upon one and the same architectural motif, Rastrelli gave each of the four facades of the palace a different structural rhythm. The southern facade, overlooking the square, has a formal grandeur. Here the architect pierced the building with three arches to create a grand entrance into the courtyard and accentuated it with the vertical elements of paired columns. The majestic northern facade, giving the impression of an endless colonnade, faces the broad expanse of the Neva. The western facade, across from the Admiralty, is reminiscent of the composition of a countryside palace with a small courtyard. The monumental eastern facade with its massive side blocks forming a large cour d'honneur is turned to Millionnaya Street, where the mansions of the nobility stood.

For 150 years the palace served as an imperial residence. In November 1917, after the October Revolution, it was declared a museum. The exhibition placed in the palace includes grand halls and chambers, collections of the antiquities of Eurasia and the East, as well as collections of European and Eastern paintings, sculptures, and decorative art works.

Ticket price — 600 roubles

11

Useful information

Tel.: +7 (812) 240 05 18
e-mail: info@boattour.ru


https://boattour.ru/en/catalog/alie-parusa-ohtinskaya