According to the Government Decision No. 105 of 6 February 2018 ‘On the implementation of a pilot project for compensation to individuals-citizens of foreign countries of the amount of value-added tax for the export of goods outside the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union”, the following list of locations is established in St. Petersburg retail organizations or their separate divisions for inclusion in the list of retail organizations:
- Bolshaya Konyushennaya Street;
- Bolshaya Morskaya Street;
- Bolshoy Prospekt of Petrogradskaya Storona;
- Kosmonavtov Prospekt;
- Ligovsky Prospekt;
- Moskovsky Prospect;
- Nevsky Prospekt;
- Moika River Embankment;
- Sadovaya Street.
To date, the following retail outlets operate in St. Petersburg, which provide the opportunity for foreign citizens to return VAT:
- Bolshaya Konyushennaya Street, 21-23, Leningrad Trade House
- Boutiques located on Nevsky Prospekt: Nevsky Prospekt, 11, 12, d.16, d. 35, d. 36, d. 152, d. 152A, d. 153;
- Nevsky Prospekt, 114-116A, shopping and entertainment centre "Nevsky Centre"
- Moskovsky Prospekt, D. 205, d. 207, d. 220, Moskovsky department store;
- Embankment of the Moika River, 73 A, Department store “Near the Red Bridge”;
- Ligovsky Prospekt, d. 30, shopping and entertainment centre "Gallery";
- Passenger Port of St. Petersburg "Marine Facade";
- Boutiques at Pulkovo Airport.
The Tax-Free shopping guide is available on the NPO ‘Global Blue’ website.
To use the Tax-Free system, you need to know the following information:
1. Tax-Free is available to you if you are a citizen of a country that is not a member of the Eurasian Economic Union (Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia) and if purchases are made in stores, the list of which is approved by the Ministry of Trade of the Russian Federation;
2. Printing deadlines: 3 months from the date of purchase;
3. The validity of the Tax-Free form with customs stamp: 1 year from the date of purchase;
Customs points where you can get stamps on Russian tax-free forms:
- Pulkovo International Airport (LED)
- Big port of St. Petersburg
- Passenger Port of St. Petersburg
4. Goods must be available for presentation at the customs desk. Goods must be exported from the territory of the Russian Federation outside the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union within 3 months from the date of purchase.
Excise goods (alcoholic beverages and tobacco products), automobiles, petroleum products are not refundable.