The "TourStat" agency has analyzed the attendance statistics of the stadiums in all 11 World Cup host cities for 48 matches of the group stage, which were held from June 14 to June 28. The total number of visitors is more than 2 million 177 thousand people, and on the average, one match gathered 45,427 spectators.
St. Petersburg became the second city, in which the tournament games have attracted the largest number of fans. The number of spectators who visited the stadium "Saint Petersburg" is 256 952 people. On average, one game was visited by 64,238 fans.
The first place went to Moscow with the sum of 488,804 spectators (61,100 per game). Sochi closes the top three - 175,783 fans (43,871 per game).
Completely the Top-10 World Cup host cities with matches of the group stage highest attendance is as follows:
- Moscow 488 804 spectators (61,100 on average per match)
- Saint Petersburg: 256 952 spectators (64,238 on average per match)
- Sochi: 175,783 spectators (43,871 on average per match)
- Rostov-on-Don: 172 641 spectators (43,160 on average per match)
- Nizhny Novgorod: 172 257 spectators (43,064 on average per match)
- Kazan: 168 705 spectators (42,176 on average per match)
- Samara: 163,099 spectators (40,775 on average per match)
- Volgograd: 160 980 spectators (40,245 on average per match)
- Saransk: 160,197 spectators (40,049 on average per match)
- Kaliningrad: 132,249 spectators (33,062 on average per match)
- Yekaterinburg: 125 467 spectators (31,367 on average per match).