Analytical agency «Turstat» has made the domestic tourism rating of Russian cities and regions by popularity among tourists during the New Year holidays 2018.
This rating is based on an analysis of data provided by Russian regions on the results of tourism in the New Year holidays 2018.
Moscow, Moscow region, Russia, Krasnodar region, St. Petersburg, Vladimir region, Tyumen region, Vologda region, Saratov region, Bashkortostan and Tatarstan have compiled top ten cities and regions of Russia, which are the popular tourist destinations in New Year's holidays 2018.
In the past New Year holidays more than 400 thousand tourists visited St. Petersburg.
Top ten regions of Russia popular among tourists in the New Year holidays:
- Moscow - 4.8 million tourists (+ 13%) *
- Moscow Region - more than 2.7 million (+ 10%)
- Krasnodar region - 0.6 million (+ 19%), including 0.4 million in Krasnaya Polyana
- St. Petersburg - 0.4 million (+ 10%)
- Vladimir Oblast - 201 ths. (+ 32%)
- Tyumen Region - 200 ths.
- Vologda Region - 177 ths. (+ 97%)
- Saratov region - 162 ths.
- Bashkiria - 148 ths.
- Tatarstan - 130 ths.
* Growth in comparison with the year 2017