The oldest active Russian professional musical institution
Based in the city of Saint Petersburg, it was founded in 1479 by an order of Ivan III of Russia as the State Choir of Singing Dyaks. The institution currently consists of a choir, an orchestra, and has its own concert hall. It also had an educational music college at one point, which is currently independent of the Court Capella.
The Capella is associated with the likes of Dmytro Bortnianskiy, Maksym Berezovskiy, Mikhail Glinka, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, and Anatoliy Lyadov.