Museum dedicated to Leningrad history in 1941-1944 years
Museum dedicated to the siege of Leningrad in 1941-1944.The decision on preservation of the memorial weapon and military equipment and the organization of the first exhibition "Heroic Defense of Leningrad" which opened in 1944 was made in 1943 in the besieged city. In 1945 the exhibition was visited by the marshal G. K. Zhukov and the general of allies D. Eisenhower. The opening of the museum took place soon afterwards on January 27, 1946. The State Museum of Defense and the Siege of Leningrad is the only cultural and educational establishment, which activity is completely devoted to history of the Leningrad fight during World War II. Documents and personal belongings of the times of Patriotic War are exposed there. They show courage and heroism of the residents who defended Leningrad.
The lectern of the conductor executing the Seventh (Leningrad) symphony of Shostakovich in Philharmonic hall in the days of Blockade, microphone by which Olga Berggolts talked to residents on the Leningrad radio, the hardened bread which was given by cards to Leningrad residents, and many other original exhibits are exposed at the museum.