On June 5, 1946 the safe route to the Baltic Sea through the mine area in the Gulf of Finland was made
This made possible using all the resorces of the Leningrad Marine Port to transport goods for restoring the city and the country. Nevertheless, the so-called «mine war» ended only 11 years later (and Estonia waters were announced to be safe for navigation only in 1963). During this period 16 000 sea mines were deactivated.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Solyanoy pereulok, 9