On May 21, 1848 the Passage shopping center was opened
The roofed-in gallery housed 64 store departments, different restaurants and a concert hall – everything a customer would need. The owner of the site, count Essen-Stenbock-Fermor, wanted this shopping mall to serve as the center of business and social life. The building was projected by an architect Rudolf Zhelyazevich.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Nevsky pr., 48