On March 30, 1915 the Regulations of the Society for reviving the Old Russian Art were approved
Many artists, art experts, collectors and art partons entered the Society, among them Ivan Bilibin, Nicholas Roerich, Viktor Vasnetsov, Michail Nesterov, Nikolay Shchusev and Aleksey Remizov. The main function of the society was popularisation of ancient Russian artwork. The Society printed cards with monuments of Old Russian architecture, granted awards and did research work. It was closed in 1917.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky Island, 18th line, 1