On March 7, 1751 the first joint stock company was founded in Saint Petersburg
The «Rossiyskaya v Konstantinopole» trading company was active till 1762. The foundation of the enterprise was expressed in ownership capital, divided into equal share fractions; the deposit, made by a shareholder, could not be returned. The shares were freely circulating in the market, and after acquiring a share the rights of a shareholder were accompanied by certain responsibilities.
- Address: The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island