On February 16, 1910 the Saint Petersburg Muslim Mosque was founded on Kronverksky Avenue in the presence of Emir of Bukhara
The mosque was built with the view of supporting the freedom of religion – the quite popular notion in tzarist Russia. After the Middle East joined the Russian territories in the reign of Alexander III, the government had to respect the interests of the Muslim society. The mosque was officially opened on February 22, 1913.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Kronverskiy prospect, 7