On February 22, 1714 Peter the Great decreed the foundation of the St. Petersburg Botanical Garden in the form of an Apothecary Garden
Peter the Great founded the St. Petersburg Botanical Garden for scientific, educational and practical reasons. The tzar ordered to set the garden out on Voroniy Island near the city. With time the island became known as Aptekarsky. The main purpose of the garden was the cultivation of medicinal herbs.
- Address: St. Petersburg, ul. Professora Popova, 2