On February 11, 1838 the first train on horse traction started running between St. Petersburg and Tsarskoye Selo
The project was managed by an Austrian engineer Franz Gerstner. Almost every element of the new railroad was delivered from abroad. The wagons resembled carriages of various types. Later the first steam locomotive was brought from England. In some time the road was extended to Pavlovsk, making the railway lines' distance as long as 27 km.
- Address: St.Petersburg, Zagorodny prospekt, 52