Not-Made-by-Hand Image of Our Saviour Church on the Konushennaya Square
The building Not-Made-by-Hand Image of Our Saviour Church belongs to the Konuyshenny Yrd complex, which is a compositional centre of the southern fasade. Initially the wooden building of the church built by Domenico Trezini was sanctified in 1737. In 1746 it was built in stone at the direction of Empress Elizaveta Petrovna. In 1747 there was built and sanctified a stone church on Konuyshennaya Square in front of the stables building. The modern church was built in 1816-1823 after theh project of architect V. Stasov. Bas-reliefs on the fasade were accomplished by sculptor Demut-Malinovsky.
Concerts, exhibitions, interesting facts and events of the city. Ask questions and get answers in our groups: