The former cathedral of the Netherlands Reformed Church built in 1834-1839 by architect Paul Jacot. It features Russian classicism style. The church was consecrated in 1834. The ceremony was attended by the Prince of Orange and his son (the future Kings of the Netherlands William II and William III). The side of the church overlooking the Nevsky Prospect is decorated with a four-column Corinthian portico. The gable of the Netherlands Reformed Church building is decorated with a high relief depicting angels holding an open Bible. The Dutch church was closed in 1927, the building was nationalized.
Concerts, exhibitions, interesting facts and events of the city. Ask questions and get answers in our groups: