The Bolshoi Saint-Petersburg State Circus – the first stone stationary circus of Russia – was opened on December 26, 1877. It was one of the most beautiful circuses in Europe according to the words of circus actors who had seen quite a few circuses on their roads of European tours. The initiator of its construction was the Italian subject and head of a large circus family, circus equestrian and horse trainer Gaetano Ciniselli who made a big name in Europe of that time.
Concerts, exhibitions, interesting facts and events of the city. Ask questions and get answers in our groups: