The house was built in 1912-1914. Since 1932 the building houses the main broadcasting station of Leningrad radio. In the days of the Siege of Leningrad the transmission did not stop for a single day and remained the main source of the information announcing the news from the theater of war and air-raid warnings. The voices of O.Bergholz, A.Akhmatova, V.Vishnevsky, N.Tikhonov and M.Petrova supported the citizens by reading their works. On the first night of the Symphony No. 7 (titled “Leningrad”) of D.Shostakovich was broadcasted from the Grand hall of the Philharmonia to every house of the besieged city. In 2004-2012 the ground-floor of the house was the place of the “Open studio” of the “5th channel” - a talk show concerning political and social issued. The studio was a glass pavilion open to the street.
Concerts, exhibitions, interesting facts and events of the city. Ask questions and get answers in our groups: